Events happening today
August 08, 2022 09:30 PM August 09, 2022 12:00 AMJoin the New York City Vectorworks Entertainment Community Group meeting:
Date: :Monday, August 8
Time: :5:30 :p.m. ET - 8:00 p.m. ET
Place: :Online, via Zoom. Join through the meeting link below at the scheduled time:
Topic: :In this presentation you will see the overall scope of the Reshaper Plug-in presented by Ray Mullin, followed by a more in-depth dive into some of Reshaper's unique strengths.
• A quick overview of Reshaper's 30 dialogues showing the 2D &: 3D objects that can be edited, and the standard controls that are present in every dialogue. :
• A closer look at 9 dialogues that offer more control than the stock Vectorworks user interface.
• Look at 2 pseudo objects, Regular Polygon and 3D Line, that Reshaper manages in ways Vectorworks does not.
• Examine a method used by Andy Dunning to quickly estimate LED tile usage, and/or truss sizes needed, for curved or cylindrical LED Walls, using Reshaper's Regular Polygon dialogue.
• Explore some examples using Reshaper to edit 3D objects to control the exact position, rotation and scale of Solids, Extrudes, Sweeps, Meshes, Symbols and PIOs using controls not available in the Object Info Palette (OIP).
• Q &: A as time permits
Presenter Bio: :Ray Mullin is an electrical engineer who specializes in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design, and more recently, Advanced Integrated Circuit Packaging Design. Since 1990, Vectorworks, then MiniCAD, has been his CAD software of choice. Having the ability to script complicated tools to drive his design work is the glue that made it all possible.
August 09, 2022 12:00 PM August 10, 2022 01:00 AMPlease note that we offer this seminar at three different times, make sure to select your preferred time during registration. If you are in Australia, these seminars will take place one day later than the date listed.
This introductory seminar provides an overview of Vectorworks Spotlight to create, visualize, and document live entertainment productions. Attendees will explore the capabilities, concepts, resources, services, and benefits of using information modeling in the design phase to streamline workflows and increase efficiency. The session covers the user interface and demonstrates how to use specialized plug-ins, tools, and menu commands contained within Vectorworks Spotlight.
1. Learn how different Entertainment projects can be organized.2. Understand the capabilities of Vectorworks Spotlight.3. Get an overview of Spotlight design tools.4. Learn about interoperability for Vectorworks Spotlight.5. Learn about the different design and learning resources that are available.6. Find out what next steps you need to take to use Vectorworks successfully.Register
August 09, 2022 01:00 PM 02:00 PMBrian Wajda has an impressive 20-plus years in the live events industry, working as a producer, technical director, stage manager, show caller, and more. In 2020 Wajda started his own production company, Ambitious Events, and switched to Vectorworks after years of using AutoCAD and progeCAD.
In this webinar, Wajda will share why he switched to Vectorworks, the value of his onboarding process, and a walkthrough of some of his recent projects.
The importance of Vectorworks’ onboarding process.
The value of 3D modelling and rendering.
The importance of drawing with detail-rich objects.