PLEASE READ THESE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A MEMBER OF THE VECTORWORKS COMMUNITY BOARD.
Acceptance of the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
The following Community Guidelines are part of the Terms of Service between our Users and Vectorworks, Inc. as they engage the resources of the Vectorworks Community Board. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this resource.
Description of Service
Vectorworks, Inc. provides this web-based service as a user community peer-support resource. The forums are for free discussion and exchange of information, experiences and expertise with other users of Vectorworks products.
Membership has its privileges. Registration (via provision of a valid name, location, email address, username and password) and login are required in order to post to the forums, use the built-in search and adjust user settings. Users are free to exchange advice amongst themselves, but should use discretion when receiving information from sources that are not formally sanctioned by Vectorworks.
This service is NOT a replacement for formal channels of technical support. While Vectorworks staff are encouraged to participate in discussions, it may be necessary to direct issues to the Technical Support team. Users who desire Technical Support should contact the Vectorworks User Success team from links in the “Important Information” forum or via email, Tech@vectorworks.net, via web, http://www.vectorworks.net/support/help or via telephone, (410) 290-5114. International users may contact their local distributor which can be located at via the web, http://www.vectorworks.net/international/.
Vectorworks staff will monitor and moderate the forums to ensure the Terms of Service and Use Guidelines are maintained. Vectorworks reserves the right to remove, with or without notification, any messaging (also referred to as “Content”) that does not fall within the outlined criteria or which, in Vectorworks’ sole discretion, is not appropriate for message postings within these forums. In some cases, it may be necessary to ask a User to take a break for a while, leave voluntarily or terminate their membership. We hope it never really comes down to this.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, everyone must comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
Rules of Conduct
As a member of this community, you are solely responsible for the content you upload or download through the Vectorworks Community Board forums. But as a community member, we ask that you respect everyone’s use of this resource by adhering to the following rules:
1) Don’t register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity
2) Be yourself. Don’t impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted
3) Refrain from restricting or inhibiting any other User from using and enjoying the Vectorworks Community Board
4) Avoid publishing, posting, uploading, distributing or disseminating, or offering to do the same (hereinafter "Post") any abusive, harassing, threatening, inappropriate, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, infringing, vulgar, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful (racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable) unlawful material or information or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. If you wouldn’t talk to colleagues like that face-to-face, then you probably shouldn’t write electronically that way either. Don't be "that guy"!
5) Refrain from posting any material that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party (the "Rights"), unless you are the owner of the Rights or have the permission of the owner to post or transmit such material
6) Avoid uploading, posting, transmitting, sharing, storing or otherwise making publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, but not limited to, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers
7) Absolutely don’t upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law. We wouldn’t expect anyone would, but we have to warn, nonetheless
8) Avoid uploading, posting, transmitting, sharing, storing or otherwise making publicly available on the Site any user license numbers for any Vectorworks product or any other protected third-party software. This is a HUGE piracy concern and will lead to the termination of a license, causing the user all sorts of problems
9) Don’t post any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another user's computer
10) Users are permitted to advertise and offer only within the specified “Third-party Services, Products, and Events” Forum, their services, products, materials, and/or events that support Vectorworks products and services, to other Users. However, don’t advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose not directly related to supporting Vectorworks products or services (e.g. A Vectorworks User group meeting announcement or Vectorworks plug-in object/library for sale is OK, a computer for sale is NOT). Members are allowed one post per event or product version release, or one post per month per ongoing service or repeating event. If approved, the thread may be unlocked for comments by request. Events or Services that are scheduled at multiple, even regular, times and dates, need only mention that they are scheduled as such and may link to website with a specific schedule. Don’t flood the forum with a separate announcement for every separate User Group meeting or training class. Users shall not cross-post any posting from this designated forum in any other forum on the Community Board. All See the Terms of Service, Article IX. Links / Advertising / Solicitation for all rules and further clarification
11) Please do not conduct or forward surveys, contests, “spam”, “junk mail”, “pyramid schemes” or “chain letters”. The forum software does allow the creation of surveys for the purposes of the community. If you feel you want a topic addressed in this way, please contact a Moderator or the Administrator
12) Avoid downloading any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner
13) Avoid cross-posting or multi-posting messages. If you feel a message is not in an appropriate forum, please contact a Moderator or the Administrator by selecting the “Notify” button within a topic message or sending a Private Message. Moderators can move topics around to other forums that may be more responsive or relevant
14) Don’t harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications. This resource is for supporting the Vectorworks users, not a potential marketing target
15) Don’t use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site; In general, be courteous, respectful and helpful. Be open to debate, but don’t expect everyone will always agree. Be tolerant, but don’t expect everyone will tolerate your peculiar mood or behavior. All Users should feel welcome and safe.
Don’t be afraid to speak up when you feel something, or someone, has broken the trust of the community. Self-policing, like peer-to-peer assistance, is preferred. If you feel uncomfortable, pressured or that another User has “stepped over the line” and violated these rules, please contact a Moderator or the Administrator, by selecting the “Notify” option from any user post or even by Private Message (PM).