Christiaan

Window and Door Tool maturity

Question

12 answers to this question

@elepp and @drelARCH

If you not already did please vote this wish up like Christiaan said. Thanks!

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Christiaan said:

1808639971_Screenshot2019-07-01at20_35_15.thumb.png.1ca2346e780fb19d7db2a8edaee1a277.png

• Like 2

Just now, Bas Vellekoop said:

@elepp and @drelARCH

If you not already did please vote this wish up like Christiaan said. Thanks!

I did. And I wish I could upvote it multiple times. So fed up with the current tool. 😭

• Like 2

Same here.

Thanks Christiaan and Bas for your effort.

We NEED this tools to get improved dramatically in order to cover all the different scenarios. It is very very basic now. 

For the beginning I would be really happy if international version gets belgian/dutch window/door abilities.

Pavol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

I shared this before but the Belgian / Dutch version has a nice combined door and window tool with allot possibilities. 

Wow, jealous!

4 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

the Belgian / Dutch version has a nice combined door and window tool with allot possibilities. 

Yes,

embarrassing superior.

Posted (edited)

A disclaimer that I do not work with the localized version, so no personal experience with it.

I use the international version, but the grass seems pretty green in Belgian and Holland.

Edited by Bas Vellekoop

Yes, I always thought many german Tools would be much better

than my US version. But the benelux tools and community really

impressed me since a saw their videos two years ago for the first time.

• Like 2

The fact that local suppliers develop much better door/window tools and we, the users of the international version, are left without ANY improvement, is mighty annoying.

NNA, time to update the window, door and stair tools. NOW. This is an order. 😃

• Like 2

Let me add, multi-track sliding doors with lapping stiles.  This standard door type has been available for more than 30 years.  As far as I know, not possible with VW2017 (I have later versions, but never use them because there is no incentive to do so).

Window and Door insertion class default

Can I add/ask whether this is possible:

Ability to change insertion options to assign every new window/door to a particular class. 

In the same way that a symbol or wall can have a default class assignment this needs to be created for windows and doors.

Strangely my colleague seems to have a glitch whereby all her windows automatically assign to the "sanitaryware" class - though this has never been set and I can't seem to find a way to change this setting, and her doors similarly automatically go onto another class.