Christiaan

Additional window sash types required

Question

1. Projecting Side-hung
(hinged on friction stays at top and bottom of window for easy cleaning)

projecting-side-hung.jpg.2e56d06ba2a0333f6c9d769111948ae6.jpgeasy-clean.jpg.761c3fff6d21e3e6a3e1f5215483730a.jpg

2. Projecting Top-hung

top-hung-projecting.jpg.fac2ede33d85dbf10add586a364706dd.jpg

3. Fully Reversible
(in addition to pivot)

fully-reversible.jpg.1dc6c0f0a40eb14c082bf838b9372d36.jpg

4. Sliding Sashless
(horizontal and vertical)

sashless-horizontal.jpeg.541268c3475e2167a4b2340fd6734ee5.jpegsashless-vertical.jpg.cb2a7e867758172ba6c26fafe555fd0d.jpg

5. Ability to add custom tags to sashes

We need the ability to annotate sashes in 2D/3D. For instance we might like to mark fixed lights with an "F", or we might need to make a certain window opening with FEW (for 'Fire Exit Window) on an elevation, or we may need to mark a door in elevation as "FE" for Fire Exit.

6. Markers

Markers for the above sashes should be as follows.

markers.png.bda937aa21a49e304a70ba1c7579df25.png

6. Ability to define our own sash types and markers

I've been pushing for above sash types since at least 2010. In that time we've had "tilt and turn" added, plus maybe a couple of others, but the above types are still missing. I don't know why. They're critical from our point of view, for correct scheduling and display of markers. So perhaps one way around this impasse is to provide us with the ability to define our own sash types and markers? Then we don't have to wait a decade for them to be coded into the application.

Edited by Christiaan
Added items 5, 6 and 7
  • Like 2

5 answers to this question

Could I also ask for custom test markers to be made available for windows and doors.

You could add to the 2D and 3D display options - "Custom text", or even better, add a line to the data tab that will display in 2D or 3D if filled in.  An example would be "FEW" - Fire Exit Window, it is common for Building Control to require windows to be annotated with "FEW" on elevations and/or plans / also "FE" - Fire Exit for doors.  The list could go on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kevin C said:

Could I also ask for custom test markers to be made available for windows and doors.

You could add to the 2D and 3D display options - "Custom text", or even better, add a line to the data tab that will display in 2D or 3D if filled in.  An example would be "FEW" - Fire Exit Window, it is common for Building Control to require windows to be annotated with "FEW" on elevations and/or plans / also "FE" - Fire Exit for doors.  The list could go on.

Good idea, similar to item 5, which I'll expand on.

Edited by Christiaan

Posted (edited)

Bump. Please vote this up.

Edited by Christiaan