Jump to content

Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility - Feedback


JuanP

Recommended Posts

  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, Tismacfan. said:

Some customers get the message not enough disk space on mac, but when you look at it there is plenty of it.
how can this be solved to instal 2022 on a mac?

 

Pascal

Does the name of the hard drive, have a space in its name?  Try removing any spaces and see if that resolves the issue?

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We have a report where installing to an external drive, "Mac Data" fails, however, "Mac_Data" succeeds.  Perhaps its different for internal drives?  

@Tismacfan.Does this computer have two drives by chance, one smaller drive for the OS and a larger drive for everything else?

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Tismacfan. said:

It is one drive. Everything is setting as the buy the new computer.

Hmm, interesting.  Are there any special characters in the name of the harddrive?

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
17 minutes ago, Tismacfan. said:

Any idee how it comes that when you start up Vecotrworks 2022 you not able to login, so you can not use the VSS libraries. Is there a workflow to solve this?

 

Are you able to Sign-In, in the upper-right of Vectorworks, once the application has launched?  If no, what happens?  Is this 2022 SP2.1? Mac or Windows?

Link to comment

No it is nog possible to log in in the upper-right corner. Its a dutch version 2.1 on a mac.

And the strange thing is it is not by every Mac user. So I think it must be something in the settings of the preferences.

Could it be resolved by delete net.netmetschek2022NL.plist?

 

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
56 minutes ago, Tismacfan. said:

No it is nog possible to log in in the upper-right corner. Its a dutch version 2.1 on a mac.

And the strange thing is it is not by every Mac user. So I think it must be something in the settings of the preferences.

Could it be resolved by delete net.netmetschek2022NL.plist?

 

I believe this may be fixed in a future update.  In the meantime, check the Computer's Regional settings.  You may encounter this issue if the regional settings are set to, English (World) and English (Europe).  

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, JuanP said:

This article will be kept up to date with any details about the compatibility between Vectorworks and macOS 12 Monterey:

 

 

Are you testing on Monterey? Please use the comments to give us your feedback or to report issues.

Hi There

Any update on this?

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi There I am contemplating upgrading to the latest MAC OS + VW 22. I am however still on a 2018MBP with intel chip. There seems to be lost of happy M1MAX people. It would be great to get some feedback from older machines/people?

Link to comment

I upgraded my iMac Pro to Mac OS 12.4 about 1 hour ago. When I launched VW 2022 SP3 it was working great until I changed the render mode to shaded from wireframe. Then the software hung and required force quit. After a full shutdown and restart VW 2022 SP3 is now working as it should in both wireframe and shaded mode in the design layer. As of about 1 hour of use the only thing I can report is that VW seams very slow. I have no way to compare it to the previous OS but it just seams slower in shaded mode then before..  I saved the report if any one is interested. Crash (HANG) report was sent to Apple.

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, rjtiedeman said:

... As of about 1 hour of use the only thing I can report is that VW seams very slow. I have no way to compare it to the previous OS but it just seams slower in shaded mode then before..  ...

We would be interested to do a performance analysis for Shaded mode on your file to see why it seems slow, if that's a possibility.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, rjtiedeman said:

I upgraded my iMac Pro to Mac OS 12.4 about 1 hour ago. When I launched VW 2022 SP3 it was working great until I changed the render mode to shaded from wireframe. Then the software hung and required force quit. After a full shutdown and restart VW 2022 SP3 is now working as it should in both wireframe and shaded mode in the design layer. As of about 1 hour of use the only thing I can report is that VW seams very slow. I have no way to compare it to the previous OS but it just seams slower in shaded mode then before..  I saved the report if any one is interested. Crash (HANG) report was sent to Apple.

 

What happens to your memory usage in macos Activity Monitor when you are having these problems?

Link to comment

Sorry for the delay. Right after I posted I got a notification the SP 3.1 was available for updating. I am running VW 2022 SP 3.1 now and after a complete shutdown/reboot cycle the screen lag seems to have stopped. As for your question about activity monitor VW idles at about 3% but when I rotate the view the % goes from 30% to 98% on shaded. While rotating view with my 3Dconnection Spacemouse the Activity monitor stays around 85%. When viewing with fast renderworks Cineware jumps to over 1,000%. I can say that after updating 3Dconnection driver to 10.7.2 it is also working properly. I use VW Fundamentals for 3D studies and layouts I do not have access to the more complex tools the higher VW versions so I can only report that all systems are working for me.

 

I have included a activity monitor with VW in idle mode.

 

Mac is Imac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W (64 GB) with Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.35.19 AM.png

Edited by rjtiedeman
added VW 2022
Link to comment
6 hours ago, rjtiedeman said:

Sorry for the delay. Right after I posted I got a notification the SP 3.1 was available for updating. I am running VW 2022 SP 3.1 now and after a complete shutdown/reboot cycle the screen lag seems to have stopped. As for your question about activity monitor VW idles at about 3% but when I rotate the view the % goes from 30% to 98% on shaded. While rotating view with my 3Dconnection Spacemouse the Activity monitor stays around 85%. When viewing with fast renderworks Cineware jumps to over 1,000%. I can say that after updating 3Dconnection driver to 10.7.2 it is also working properly. I use VW Fundamentals for 3D studies and layouts I do not have access to the more complex tools the higher VW versions so I can only report that all systems are working for me.

 

I have included a activity monitor with VW in idle mode.

 

Mac is Imac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W (64 GB) with Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.35.19 AM.png

The reason I asked what was happening in the Memory section of activity monitor (not CPU) is that a gradual slowdown until a re-start sounds like what I see when there is basically some sort of memory leak, and the memory usage just increases and increases.

I see this while rendering viewports, not so much when just navigating in shaded view.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...