Apple macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility - Feedback

On 10/31/2022 at 5:25 PM, Dave Donley said:

Hello @Kees W Redshift is included with Vectorworks and is used when rendering in Redshift or in Renderworks render modes, which is often.  The first time this is done there is long pause (can be minutes).  After that the application works normally.  It happens again with every new Vectorworks session, it doesn't go away with new sessions.

Ah, I understand thanks. Found it in the RenderWorks style settings.

A little Off topic, but it doesn't work for me, it throws up an error "Redshift cannot operate with less than 128Mb of free VRAM. Aborting the render" I have an older 4GB Vega Pro card in an Intel MacBook Pro, so that message seems strange, but I'll assume it needs newer hardware (VW2023 SP1)

Would that mean the issue would not occur for me in Ventura. (this is mostly out of curiosity, I'm not updating yet.

The comment about pre-compiled shaders missing from the new OS also sparked my interest. If this is the issue, shouldn't the issue occur in VW2022 also? Again, out of curiosity.

FYI,  Maxon released updates to Cinema 4 and Redshift that have solved the shaders compiling issue for me in Cinema 4D on Ventura 13.1 beta 2.   I assume Vectorworks won't be too far behind with an update.   Other than that 2023 SP1 on Ventura 13.1 beta 2 is running great for me. 

Edited by Wesley Burrows
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, GatRed said:

@Dave DonleyIs Vectorworks 2023 SP2 fully compatible with Ventura ? (including this Redshift plugin).

We are adding something like the following to the Ventura compatibility page linked above:

Vectorworks 2023 SP2 - Vectorworks is fully compatible with Ventura.
Known issues: Redshift GPU rendering shows a long pause when used for the first time in each session, then proceeds normally thereafter. Redshift GPU is enabled on high-performance GPUs such as M-series and Intel AMD 5600/5800. This problem will be corrected in a future Service Pack.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update!

My MBPro running 2023.1 hung on printing (elevation hidden line rendering I assume?) and various mystery stuff, and this 2023.2 patch has (for now!) cleared that up.

2019 MBPro 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

• Like 1