Tom Klaber

Project Sharing - Where are we?

Ok that’s good news. Thank you!

Hi All, 

I am new to vectorworks and been using revit and archicad for years. 

These software it good and would be better if  VW improves the following:

1. make project sharing as effective as worksharing in revit. 

2. Please come up with cloud server like BIM360, would be extremely useful during these covid. 

3. File referencing in VW makes the file bigger. It shouldn't be, the reference file should function as proxy file and should not add to the file size of the base model. Please check how revit did it. I am doing big and complex project and once I referenced IFC files (YES, only relevant components are loaded), the files become very big. 

4. provide more video tutorials, cheat sheets and create a books like "vectorworks for grandma"  for new users

• Like 2

Hello,

Re #3: Try unchecking save viewport cache in the Tools>Organisation>References tab. 

Cheers,

Peter

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 5.28.34 pm.png

• Like 1

We are experiencing problems with project sharing.We are using 2019

There are three of us but only two people can access the file. The Administrator and one other.

I am unable to check out drawings because it said the "Project fIle is in use by another user"

I am not able to ADD myself to the administrators list of people.

We have two vectorworks licences with the same company names but not the same licence obviously.

Is that the possible reason?

Posted (edited)

Hi - we do all have licences ( three in total) only two of the programmes are named  the same.

We don't know if this is causing a problem with " finding' other users or not which basically isn't letting me access other than to read only? 

attached the  message i get. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 15.05.05.png

Edited by Victoria Casey Fierro

10 minutes ago, Victoria Casey Fierro said:

only two of the programmes are named  the same

Could you please clarify what you mean by this?

It seems you only have read permission on the Project File. Please check that you have full access to the Project File.

Thanks for your response. 

That is the problem the person who is administrator of the drawing cannot find me to give me permission.

I do not come up in order to give me access to the files.

The other non admin person who has a vectorworks using her name as on the licence comes up as a user that can be added to the list of people.  

Maybe that's what I need to change my user name. 

Thanks Juan, 

We are having real trouble with the project sharing set up! 

Now we have managed to have all the users open it and able to use it but project file does not update and doesn't save on our server!! 

It's a nightmare - we will have to go back to copy pasting the old fashion way!