Thanks Vectorworks 2017

zoomer

I must agree with the comments above.  This is a version that made improvements to what was already there.  Doors & Window Styles is a huge help.  Being able to globally change a particular style in essentially one click is immense.  I do some commercial work from time to time and the slab drainage feature is dope.  I love the enhancements made to the subdivision tools as well.  I think I'll be digging into that much more now.  The resource manager is way better than the previous pallete.

There are still things on my wishlists as I think we all do and we'll just have to bombard that list all the more.  The Vectorworks team is doing more listening.  I like that.  :D

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, zoomer said:

I recommend to read the "what's new in 2017" in VW help.
You will find so many astonishing things in corners where you always thought,
no one will care about these the next century.

Things like Custom Cabinet Tool and such :D

This is sound advice! It can be found here even if you don't yet have Vectorworks 2017:
http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/index.htm#t=VW2017_Guide%2FNewFeatures%2FNew_Features.htm

• Like 1
14 hours ago, JimW said:

This is sound advice! It can be found here even if you don't yet have Vectorworks 2017:
http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/index.htm#t=VW2017_Guide%2FNewFeatures%2FNew_Features.htm

Jim, first and foremost lots of thanks and compliments to you and your colleagues for achieving what you did with VW2017, it is much appreciated.

Having you picking up our wishes etc. and communicating them to your colleagues as well as explaining things certainly made a difference of which we are increasingly seeing the benefits.

Already looking forward to VW2018 :-)

And last but not least.... when skimming the new features link I noticed one of my biggest wishes for Landmark has been fulfilled (the EPSG catalog implementation). As well as some other GIS related improvements. :x:x (too bad there is no party icon)

Hopefully you have some idea of how immense this improvement is for GIS use compared to VW2016 and earlier versions, as it most likely gets rid of quite a number of potentially nasty issues when working with less common coordinate reference systems (i.e. other than UTM, NAD and Lon/Lat). It makes VW so much more useful when working with georeferenced data.

• Like 2

I just want to chime in with congratulations and a big Thank You for this very good release of Vectorworks 2017.

Special Thanks to JimW for his excellent work.

Since I have been silent on the forums for a very long time and only recently started to post some wish list items, I wanted to avoid the impression that there is nothing but complaints.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1