All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's because I didn't upload the file as it only had three formulas in it. 😉 Area Percentate Sample.vwx
  3. One can only hope at this point. I am sure I am not alone as to why VW has not addressed this. There are multiple other Architectural software that will do this. I understand the need for the great strides VW has made over the years to keep up with status quo if you will. How about "core" tools that we as builder use. Having to use Extrude surface is a great tool for designers. If VW had the ability of using Extracted Surface along with Materials to report in takeoffs, would be a step in the right direction. To me, this extra and unnecessary work and time. Will keep asking and suggesting. Would be interested to hear from the software engineers or those who have the input at VW as to how they expect us as end users to accomplish this goal. FWIW
  4. You are right... and if we think it is a thing easy to solve. I try to give some information about it but @JustinVH didn't replay
  5. Today
  6. @Pat Stanford yes, something like that, but one of the objects doing the fighting should be cropped and not visible.
  7. @Tom, thanks that's indeed what I want. @Pat also thank for your explanation, but I don't see a worksheet in your message P
  8. Ok, I'm jumping through all the hoops. I even realized that I had to add AI to my Workspace, despite the VW site saying it was "automatically adding in SP4." That is not even close to true. OK, so it is now in my menu. I try to use it. It says I have to "Enable this feature with VSS." I have already updated my VCS to 13.4.2742, but now I'm getting this new hoop to jump through called VSS. I clicked my only option: "More Info" which took me to some sort of VSS site which had no information as to how to proceed. OK, here is the deal. When you guys figure out how to add this feature so that it works in the same way as, say, the rectangle tool, CALL ME. This absurdly useless tool has wasted an hour of my life I will not get back. What a huge disappointment. MH Brown
  9. Thank you Shorter, you caught all my issues! As you have imagined my problem is mainly in placing correct and quick elevation annotations and in correct import/export. I am going to apply all your suggestions and let you know how it goes, thank you! Davide
  10. @Jeff Prince Thanks that looks like a workable solution. I'll have a play and learn loads while i do...👍
  11. Hello, Have you sold both of your licenses? hoet.holdings@gmail.com
  12. Can you add GCode (or any slice file) import support for Vectorworks? Sometimes when working on 3D files and going off of what I have available, sometimes I want to modify a 3D Printer model and only have a GCode file, wanted to know if GCode importing support could be added. Mentioned this to Ryan during the open house.
  13. We fight this all the time with LED walls and TV symbols. It's very frustrating to have to add an extra surface to prevent this issue.
  14. ooooh, that worked! thank you!!
  15. Click on cell 3A. It should say: =RUNSCRIPT(120, 'Landmark Schedules/WSLandscapeAreaPlantImage.py') That's how your symbol image is inserted if you want to make a custom plant list.
  16. Change the lighting settings for Shaded mode. There is an overall brightness setting that may be effecting things.
  17. When I choose the column it says, "Plant List - Basic with Images".
  18. Yes, either autocorrect got me or my plans to cook dinner.
  19. You don't need a titleblock in the Design Layer, what you need is a consistent grid references related to your map, not paper. So, place a grid on a design layer, open a viewport to that design layer to create your overall map. For the detailed areas, you can snap to the grid and draw a shape to make a new viewport from... any enclosed grids will appear in the enlarged viewport. If your version of Vectorworks includes the Gridline Tool, use that because it will handle the annotation for you and change scales automatically... it's pretty nice! If your VWX doesn't have the Gridline Tool, you can add annotations to your grid in the viewport annotations. Anything you draw in Vectorworks can have a record attached, so you could make a grid ID record and attach it to any line your draw. This would enable you to use a Datatag to report the line's GridID and place it wherever you want in the Viewport annotations. This could be helpful if you were making a grid from say Bézier curves or shapes other than lines. If I did a lot of this kind of thing and did not have the Gridline tool, I would build a template file that had a grid with records attached and just reuse it on each project. Attached is an example demonstrating both approaches. grid locator example.vwx Hope it helps... Oh, and another possible solution from the archives involves using Space objects. The instructions here are still valid, but the examples have been deleted for some reason...
  20. Did anyone ever get an answer to this? It would be extremely helpful as we are getting our drawing numbers to automatically update with the latest revision number, but we can't find a way to get the sheet number to append the revision number - or display the revision number in a separate column
  21. Try and create one of the Preformatted Reports for plants that include Image in the name and look at how they are set up. Tools:Reports:Create Report. Then click the Preformatted Report radio button at the top and choose from the list.
  22. I know we have fought this before, but I am too lazy/busy to track down that thread right now. There is a problem in worksheets where if you use a value from a database header row in a spreadsheet cell calculation and then try to use that spreadsheet cell later in the database header row the value will default to zero and the calculation will fail. So in a very simple database with Space.Area in column A starting at row 4, you can't just put a formula of =A4 into A1 and display the summed value of all the spaces. As soon as you try and set the next column in the database to =A4/A1, the calculation will fail. In this case if you only care about the total area you can fake it. In my sample worksheet, put a formula of =Area(PON='Space') in cell A1. Then the column B formula of =A4/A1 will work. You would actually want to also include all of the criteria from the database rather than my simple PON=Space which sums the area of every space object. If you wanted to use the more sophisticated Space.Gross Area or Space.Net Area, I think you are out of luck. I don't know of a way to SUM those values by criteria. HTH
  23. It should work. You need to put =[GBO (Total)]*100/6526 as the formula in the 'Percentage' column. Like this: Or am I misunderstanding you?
  24. The seating tool is amazing, but did not work in this venue. Below this picture is a short video explaining the seat placement process of this venue as it is an irregular ellipsoid shape.
  25. You probably meant the ‘seating’ tool.
  1. Load more activity