Sign in to follow this  
Chris D

VW2013 teaser...is this the best you've got...?

LOL...The beginning of the evolve has started to be written backwards, lets hope that isn't happening!

Don't worry, they'll get the "e" sorted and facing the right direction for the 2014 release.

:confused:

Search for Vectorworks 2013 on Youtube and the first link you get is to an ArchiCAD tutorial :grin: that's funny!

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7942&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202012-09-05%20kl.%2011.53.26.png

Edited by Vincent C

Lower the expectations in advance, so the the shock with the reality is not so hard..

I actually prefer this kind of marketing. The problem is my expectations of VW aren't dictated by VW, they're dictated by the competition.

LOL...The beginning of the evolve has started to be written backwards, lets hope that isn't happening!

Don't worry, they'll get the "e" sorted and facing the right direction for the 2014 release.

:D

:confused:

Search for Vectorworks 2013 on Youtube and the first link you get is to an ArchiCAD tutorial :grin: that's funny!

Sorry, a bit hasty there, it's an ad.......

Looks to me like they've taken this one onboard too:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=67740

I'm not sure about that.

Yeah, without seeing the Class dropdown menu in action it's impossible to tell.

Seems to me though that if the dropdown menu is to be consistent with the new nav palette structure then the top level class (e.g. "Ceiling") will itself be selectable in the dropdown menu.

Buzz, what you see is the Navigation Palette, and the buttons along the edge are classes, layers, viewports, etc. There isn't much change to it, except for the grouped prefix classes in the class name list. And this seems to be getting more attention than the zoomed images.

At a US price of only 1,500$ you can't go wrong just to have it as a go to alternative when the VW frustrations start to swell inside of you.

You can't work with multiple users at one project and there are no render capabilities in Revit LT, you have to buy an extra subscription, so 1500 is the base price.

You link implies the focus is on IFC and interoperability. Two things I don't care about.

A call from the NZ seller said that they have added back ground renders for viewports. Once you start a VP render you are not 'locked out' while the VP updates.

Background rendering for viewports is significant - I'll take continuing working in a Vw file, instead of watching the progress bar on the lower right corner any day.

Bob-H,

What about:

Live Sections

3D Hatching

Live Hidden Line Rendering

Should I waste my time and wait until Sept 18 or should I buy Revit now?

;)