Anyone using 2024?

1 hour ago, KWiley said:

2024 has been VERY slow and clunky. 28 seconds between making a change or adding an object before my next click. Installing Update 2 now. Very concerned about the software at this point.

That sounds like a persistent autohybrid issue but could be literally anything. What tools, operations, etc. are you doing when experiencing slowdowns?

Not for nothing but I’ve stayed on 2023 for all production work so far because 2024 / third party plugins haven’t been ready for prime time. Next gig will be 2024 though.

4 hours ago, Neves+Creative Inc. said:

Yes, always jump into the next version!

You are a brave man.

Personally I stay away from the "upgrade" until February of the named year.

So I won't bother with VWX24 for another few months.

It's like the old days when we wouldn't upgrade until the x.5 came out.

• Like 1

@Amanda McDermott It does seem like all the issues are with Windows users. Ours are very slow on startup also, which I'm not too concerned with if I can get the software to perform right once opened.

@michaelkMine is - 12th Gen i7, 32GB, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3050. My coworker - 11th Gen i9, 96 GB, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 Ti. Both Windows 11. We've both made sure VW is using our NVIDIA graphics cards and checked for driver updates.Neither had any trouble before switching to 2024, we both are having the same issues so I don't believe its hardware. It's so slow we're not even able to use 2024 for production right now. I'm going to PM you the file I've been working on in 2024.

@Mark Aceto I'm working in the same files I was working on in 2023. I've mainly just been continuing my work with custom doors and windows since updating to 2024 and any time I place an object in a wall it takes 28 seconds before i can go to the next. The software is very slow and delayed in everything though, its not isolated to doors and windows.

Edited by KWiley
23 minutes ago, KWiley said:

@Mark Aceto I'm working in the same files I was working on in 2023. I've mainly just been continuing my work with custom doors and windows since updating to 2024 and any time I place an object in a wall it takes 28 seconds before i can go to the next. The software is very slow and delayed in everything though, its not isolated to doors and windows.

Are you able to submit a bug report for this?

@Mark Aceto I don't even know where to begin on a bug report. The software as a whole is just really slow and clunky feeling now. You right click and it takes 30 seconds before a window opens or you place an object and it takes 30 seconds to be placed in the drawing, etc. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any performance settings suggestions inside the software or on my graphics card that I could try first that I already haven't. Or if maybe there is any known issues with workspaces or 2023 files coming over into 2024.  

11 minutes ago, KWiley said:

@Mark Aceto I don't even know where to begin on a bug report. The software as a whole is just really slow and clunky feeling now. You right click and it takes 30 seconds before a window opens or you place an object and it takes 30 seconds to be placed in the drawing, etc. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any performance settings suggestions inside the software or on my graphics card that I could try first that I already haven't. Or if maybe there is any known issues with workspaces or 2023 files coming over into 2024.  

I think that's what this is for in the public forum:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/forum/55-troubleshooting/

If you wanna shoot me the file, I can test on both Mac and PC this weekend. I'm not aware of any general slowness in 2024 but your door insertion issues does ring a bell (no pun intended).

10 hours ago, Amanda McDermott said:

I am finding 24 slow as well -

I didn't really use VW (2024 SP2 on Sonoma) so far ....

But I also notice some lags when opening, beside my current file,

just another empty new file from a template.

(No matter if my own migrated or a VW blank template)

And playing with a bit between medium/max GUI option finally

needed a VW restart as I got 3 non functioning ghost palettes

of my (auto)collapsed Resource Manager and all palettes looked

undocked and overlapping each other ....

Just going to Home Screen or closing and restarting the File

did not help.

Well, thought all issues were resolved. As soon as I dove back into work I noticed the Attach Record selection after right clicking an object in the Resource Manager is now missing. It was there the last 2 days I know for sure, I installed update2 this morning. Anybody else see this issue?

We have 3 computers all fairly similar in age and specs. 2024 runs very well, stable, with no obvious new slowdowns on 2 of them and almost unusable on the third. Although did improve on SP2 but still not enough we transitioned all projects. 

Still, good that  VW lets you keep 2 different versions open at the same time on the same machine. (I assume both need to be "same" serial number for each version)

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Matt Overton said:

Still, good that  VW lets you keep 2 different versions open at the same time on the same machine. (I assume both need to be "same" serial number for each version)

I don't think so.  I know I've had 4 versions w/ 2 licenses running at the same time.  I just wish you could copy and paste from one version to another.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KWiley said:

Well, thought all issues were resolved. As soon as I dove back into work I noticed the Attach Record selection after right clicking an object in the Resource Manager is now missing. It was there the last 2 days I know for sure, I installed update2 this morning. Anybody else see this issue?

No.  I still have the Attach Record in the contextual menu when right clicking on symbols, including red symbols.

4 hours ago, KWiley said:

This, combined with your solution above, is starting to sound like an issue with the RM (and where libraries are stored)... Have you run the Refresh Libraries command yet?

@Mark Aceto I did refresh Libraries, no change. It looks like it's isolated to doors and windows, attach record still shows on all other symbols I've tried so far, including symbols I've made and VW symbols. To rule out an error on my end with my custom doors, windows, or template I opened a blank document and put some VW doors and windows in it and attach record still isn't there. 

15 hours ago, michaelk said:

No.  I still have the Attach Record in the contextual menu when right clicking on symbols, including red symbols.

Did you try doors or windows specifically? It seems like a bug to me but I want to make sure. I've tried everything I know to do on my end.