mike11968

how can you show shadows in hidden line rendering as shown below?

Usually I see this done with the viewport's Background Render set to Realistic Colors White, or another Renderworks style with colors and/or textures disabled (though this could be done with OpenGL as well in most cases too), then the viewport's Foreground Render set to Hidden Line.

33 minutes ago, JimW said:

Usually I see this done with the viewport's Background Render set to Realistic Colors White, or another Renderworks style with colors and/or textures disabled (though this could be done with OpenGL as well in most cases too), then the viewport's Foreground Render set to Hidden Line.

that seemed to work but is there any way to eliminate the grayness and just keep the shadows?

The look I'm going for is applying the shadows of the top drawing to the hidden line drawing below. 

Also is there anyway to control the sharpness of the shadows? 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.11.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.11.19 AM.png

Using Artistic Renderworks > Lines and Shadows, you can have the shadow be as dark as you want...

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.24.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.24.22 AM.png

HillSide House.png

I just discovered this and thought I was a genius.  Line and shadow background with the hidden line above works pretty well to give classic shadowed elevation look.  I still have not had the gall to go with a full colored or rendered elevations...

5a873c4b0015f_ElevationShadowShow.thumb.PNG.cee9ea87a8898f23788efdd2696bc668.PNG

On 16/02/2018 at 3:58 PM, Wes Gardner said:

This link doesn't work for me. Is it blocked now?

edit...

Thought I should explain. The link opens the webpage, but the video doesn't start.

edit..

OK - works if I use the Mac rather than the iPad

Edited by Gadzooks

helps to create some fake sun light objects for the building faces that aren't likely to see any sun.

Generally use line and shadow here with lines set to 0 pixels.

14 hours ago, Matt Overton said:

helps to create some fake sun light objects for the building faces that aren't likely to see any sun.

Generally use line and shadow here with lines set to 0 pixels.

VW will not let me use 0 lines - so I have to put .01.