corbinhand

Renders Turning Black Once Updated

Question

I'm having render problems in 2017. When I render any viewport for a second time, the entire viewport turns black. As in a complete black rectangle. 

I can update the settings in the "background render settings" and it will render perfectly, but only one time. Then I will have to change the settings again, or else the blacked out viewport comes back. 

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for fixing it?

Corbin

Edited by corbinhand
  • Like 1

I am still looking for reports of this happening in 2019 SP2 specifically. If it is still happening in 2018 SP5.1, there is a CHANCE it could be fixed for SP6 but only if we can identify what the issue actually was, and if it isn't tied to the Cinerender engine version which can't be upgraded in 2018.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2016 at 2:10 PM, corbinhand said:

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for fixing it?

It's been years but I still have PTSD from the corrupted viewports that I would waste hours rendering only to be rendered useless (which is one reason why I still prefer dim's and notes on DL's instead of SL's, so I won't lose my work).

More recently, as a troubleshooting step for a similar SLVP bug, changing the view in the OIP, and then changing it back again solved it. It's kind of like forcing a soft reset (and it's non-destructive).

Also, as you're on a Mac, the usual voodoo like dumping user library caches could help (caches corrupt all the time).

Edited by Mark Aceto

On 12/4/2018 at 4:16 AM, Jim Wilson said:

I am still looking for reports of this happening in 2019 SP2 specifically.

I'm currently searching my historical Tech Support records for affected users and will attempt to verify if they are still afflicted today/ASAP. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, Jim Wilson said:

I am still looking for reports of this happening in 2019 SP2 specifically. If it is still happening in 2018 SP5.1, there is a CHANCE it could be fixed for SP6 but only if we can identify what the issue actually was, and if it isn't tied to the Cinerender engine version which can't be upgraded in 2018.

@Jim Wilson I think it's gone. I haven't seen it since SP2. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

@Jim Wilson I think it's gone. I haven't seen it since SP2. Thanks!

I havent seen it so far either and I spent nearly all day yesterday rendering. I am extremely hopeful.

• Like 2

This is very exciting! we're nearly finished drawing for the year, but Ill confirm as soon as were back in the swing of things, I hope that beast is finally slain!