Renders Turning Black Once Updated

corbinhand

Question

I'm having render problems in 2017. When I render any viewport for a second time, the entire viewport turns black. As in a complete black rectangle. 

I can update the settings in the "background render settings" and it will render perfectly, but only one time. Then I will have to change the settings again, or else the blacked out viewport comes back. 

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for fixing it?

Corbin

Edited by corbinhand
  • Like 2

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am still looking for reports of this happening in 2019 SP2 specifically. If it is still happening in 2018 SP5.1, there is a CHANCE it could be fixed for SP6 but only if we can identify what the issue actually was, and if it isn't tied to the Cinerender engine version which can't be upgraded in 2018.

• Like 2
On 12/18/2016 at 2:10 PM, corbinhand said:

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for fixing it?

It's been years but I still have PTSD from the corrupted viewports that I would waste hours rendering only to be rendered useless (which is one reason why I still prefer dim's and notes on DL's instead of SL's, so I won't lose my work).

More recently, as a troubleshooting step for a similar SLVP bug, changing the view in the OIP, and then changing it back again solved it. It's kind of like forcing a soft reset (and it's non-destructive).

Also, as you're on a Mac, the usual voodoo like dumping user library caches could help (caches corrupt all the time).

Edited by Mark Aceto
On 12/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, Jim Wilson said:

I am still looking for reports of this happening in 2019 SP2 specifically. If it is still happening in 2018 SP5.1, there is a CHANCE it could be fixed for SP6 but only if we can identify what the issue actually was, and if it isn't tied to the Cinerender engine version which can't be upgraded in 2018.

@Jim Wilson I think it's gone. I haven't seen it since SP2. Thanks!

On 6/5/2019 at 1:31 AM, stephaneuk said:

This seems to have happened to my flies.. running VW19 SP3

From fast renderworks to final quality....

@stephaneuk It looks like what you’re seeing may be different from the issue that was being discussed in much of the rest of this thread. If you are still experiencing the issue, I would recommend contacting your Vectorworks distributor’s technical support for assistance.

Also, since you only mention Fast and Final Quality Renderworks, I would encourage you to try out Custom Renderworks Styles instead. You will likely find that you can create better looking renderings in shorter times by taking control of the render settings yourself.