Wes Gardner

Custom Data Tags

Spot Elevation for Slab

This tag gives you the ability to show a spot elevation for the top of slab.  It ONLY really works in plan as the actual tag is placed at "0" of the design layer that it's on.

Spot Elevation for Slab.jpg

Spot Elevation for Slab.vwx

• Like 2

@Josh Schulman, here's a simple tag that you can attach to a symbol and then give it a name and color.  You can add additional fields to the Record, etc. as needed.   The tag is set up to look for the field in the record called "Name".  Edit the tag to see...The worksheet is set up to show the two fields called "Color" and "Name" from the Record

Symbol Name.vwx

• Like 1

Simple numbered Data Tags

Add the BOQ record to your objects or symbols, add your names, sizes finishes, place BOQ Table on your drawing, add Data Tags with or without leader, simple but effective way to create a BOM/BOQ with everything named, quantities etc, and easily identified on your drawing, hth someone 👍

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 19.24.25.png

Data Tags BOM Worksheet.vwx

• Like 3

Cabinet Size tag

Here's a tag that will show the size of both base and upper cabinets (without the dimension "ticks").  There are several configurations and of course, you can easily change the font size, whether or not you want a box around the data, etc.  Check out the file...you'll need both the tag and the Record.  The record lets you change from "B" for base to maybe "SB" for sink base, etc. (you'll find that function in the "Edit Tag Data" button in the OIP)  Works on both design and sheet layers (in viewports in Annotation space)

Enjoy

Cabinet tags.png

Cabinet Tags.vwx

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't have a unique tag to contribute (see below), but I was thrilled to figure out how to edit them to include the data I want. I use a door key that uses the Prefix / ID Label / Suffix (probably incorrectly) I was able to edit a tag to suit my preferences. 

What is great about Data Tags, is they work at all scales of the VP. For instance, I like to have enlarged plans, but I have never found a way to have the ID label scale with the floor plan. Therefore, I have turned the class off with the ID Label. This also works in Sections, which is much easier than fumbling with an ID tag in 3D. That often appears backwards for me.

Thankfully, this is no longer an issue!

Door ID.jpg

door key.vwx

Edited by leecalisti
  • Like 1

Has anyone figured out how to make a data tag reference a texture? I'd love to be able to tag a wall or roof or surface and have it show the texture. I can use a custom IFC field, but it won't update when i change the wall style, or if I just apply a texture

I have a question about Data Tag layout.

I use these to pick up plant information. I often struggle with the available space and would like to be able to reshape/ stretch the DT text box, like I would with Callout. Is that possible?

I think it would be fantastic, if the record foals used in DTs could be used within Callout text. I suppose this could coalesce the both tools into one, more powerful and flexible.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, MSLD said:

Has anyone figured out how to make a data tag reference a texture? I'd love to be able to tag a wall or roof or surface and have it show the texture. I can use a custom IFC field, but it won't update when i change the wall style, or if I just apply a texture

This would be fantastic as it would be useful for finishes schedules.