rDesign

Ability to make any Class or Layer be Non-Plot

Question

The ability to have any Class or Layer become 'non-plot' would be a welcome addition, instead of only having the one 'NonPlot' class.

I often put detailed information or notes inside Symbols or Layers, Reference Grids, etc. that I don't want to print, and when there's only one NonPlot class it gets a bit confusing.

This would be best achieved via a check box on the Classes and Layers tab on the Resource Browser.

[2018 Edit: The earliest post I found that requested this functionality dates back to 2009.]

Edited by rDesign
Added link to 2009 post requesting this
  • Like 2

10 answers to this question

Refreshed this submission, old one was many years back.

VE-96891

Adding this thread to an existing request.

Nonplot has always been kind of a funny class since it does still plot whatever is in it, provided it is on. There needs to be a function within a class like a check box that is typically always on unless you uncheck it or vice versa that will allow you to continue to see something on screen but will not come out on paper. +1 to that.

• Like 2

Yeah - I know that I could just make the NonPlot class invisible in a SLVP, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a class named 'NonPlot'.

I only recently discovered that the 'NonPlot' class still plots: Silly me... O.o

Edited by rDesign

Bump

+ all those othe things like freeze, RW Render, Lock, ...

Nope — no progress on this being added. Seeing that this has not been implemented in many years of asking, I have the feeling that it's not a high-priority wish-list item.

Edited by rDesign

At the same time there should be always plot classes. For office branding, object containers and such. A few others that 90% of time should be always on and the 10% could handled another way.

still genuine non plot would be great.