All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Neil Barman

Linear Material Bug

@Patrick West I would recommend contacting Vectorworks Technical Support directly regarding the issue you're having. That way the Tech Support team can work with you to investigate it and help solve it.
  3. Kevin McAllister

Why is a push/pulled NURBS surface a tapered extrude?

I think its as simple as the Tapered Extrude command allows NURBS curves as the source shape and the Extrude command does not. It was probably the easiest way to integrate the Push/Pull command around the existing 3d solid types. I used to use the Tapered Extrude command with a taper angle of zero a fair amount prior to the additional of the Push/Pull command. It accepts a few more shapes as the starting point (3d polygons for example). Kevin
  4. markdd

ganging tool label issue

Can you post the file or just these items in a clean file?
  5. JBenghiat

Scripting an object "pick up"

TheTrackObject commands are what you want. Note that VS tools don’t run any code until the first click, so you can’t have a tool start out highlighting objects. It works great from menu command or plug-in button or as a secondary action for a tool.
  6. Mike Borean

Installed SP4 not callouts aren't working right

Not sure what happened. Arrows were 10x bigger even when creating similar. Angle of the leader was uncontrollable, etc. Did the universal fix and restarted my computer and everything seems fine for now.
  7. Today
  8. Christiaan

What mouse do you recommend?

Gotcha 👍
  9. acdeslx

ganging tool label issue

I've run into this issue when ganging fixtures. I create the "gang" but the label has the two fields offset from each other -- in my case, the circuit name is higher than the circuit number. I've ganged fixtures many times but have never had this happen before. I've tried rebooting, restarting and all the usual tests. i created a new drawing and it's still happening. The two-fer object properties are as follows: Style: >un-styled> Corner: Arc Gang by: Circuit Field Vale Is there some kind of a symbol/group layout that can be modified to correct this? Thanks. VW 2019 sp4
  10. Patrick West

Linear Material Bug

Vectorworks, please please figure out what is causing a severe lag when editing linear materials. Detailing is so painful after each SP release, every time I try to edit a linear material I get a lag/spinning wheel for minutes sometimes. please help. MaOS 10.14.5 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB
  11. Wesley Burrows

I will definitely investigate! Thanks for the suggestion!
  12. Jim W

I don't think it's truly more accurate, it just feels that way to me. The scrolling is the part about the Magic mice that I love, it's the perfect surface for it. I just became addicted to a physical clicky wheel long ago and like mice with a high arch in the palm.
  13. turnerhoskins

Display Flashing and Changing Colours

I'm also having this exact same issue in a drawing on my new laptop. I have an Intel UHD Graphics 620 card. the file I'm working on is a small 3D house, the file size is currently at 26mb. Today is so much worse then it was yesterday as I could close the document, re-open and the flashing would stop for a least a couple of hours. Today its flashing as soon as I flyover the model even after closing and re-opening multiple times.I have a few external wall textures in the drawing but nothing too elaborate. Its impossible to work on it when its doing that so any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've attached my DxDiag too @PVA - Jim if there is any chance you could take a look? Thanks DxDiag.txt
  14. How much? msmitham@hotmail.com
  15. jblock

Vectorworks Operating System Compatibility List

Last updated on June 24, 2019.
  16. Here's a simple model....the first floor walls are in a symbol. If you go into the Class structure and adjust the Wall-Component-Int Finish 1 class, you can change the line weight and color from the very thick red, back to something a bit more normal. Is this what you mean? Are your wall styles set up to provide changing stuff "by Class"? Wall Symbol test.vwx
  17. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Publish to print messes up the order

@_James Thanks for the files. 🙂 I will have to spend some time investigating this. I will let you know here if I have any progress.
  18. A.D.K.

Default 3D Legend View

Appreciate the help. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
  19. sbarrett

Get z at xy for NURBS curve?

Unfortunately, the Get Z at XY probably won't work because a NURBS curve likely doesn't have an actual thickness. I created a work around that might work - I created a loft based on the curve, used the Get Z at XY node and then deleted the loft. Battle dots marionette create loft.vwx
  20. Wes Gardner

Slab not below walls

@creatrix, Zoomer is correct...you may want to take a moment and look at the thread "No Stories, No Problem". I talk you through setting up a model that does NOT use stories. If you'd then like to try stories, you can have a look at the thread "Model Set Up". Alot of issues are related to not having your wall and slab styles consistent with your model set-up scheme (either layer bound or level bound) Wes
  21. zoomer

Slab not below walls

You use a Slab Style which uses a Story Level, which does not exist, as a Z Reference. Either you set Stories and suitable Story Levels or you choose a different (absolute) Z Reference (Like Layer Height + a Z-offset or something similar)
  22. Pvz11

Extrude Along Path Control

Thank you both, ive managed to get the hang of it, now just figuring out the asset. Ive followed Alan's file for now, but will look into the move command for the extrude along path. This was great to learn. Thank you again. See attached progress. Office Desk.vwx
  23. markdd

Default 3D Legend View

If you omit the first line, then yes, I would expect so. The "Set 3D orientation" step just toggles the check mark in the OIP. The Additional records function of the Spotlight Preferences is much overlooked but is invaluable for just this kind of thing. It's worth saying that you should never edit the Light Info record as it will cause all sorts of annoyance down the line.
  24. TomWhiteLight

Default 3D Legend View

Thanks Mark, This is great, I might also try to add it as a feature in the label legend manager dialogue.
  25. A.D.K.

Default 3D Legend View

Thanks Mark, this is great. If I omit the first line, it will default to active, correct? Also what does the "set 3D orientation step do? Thanks.
  26. Marissa Farrell

Extrude Along Path Control

@Pvz11 You can move your Extrude Along Path upward using the Move node, or you can extrude legs below the EAP. Once converted to a Marionette Object, it can move around freely. The Marionette Object has its own coordinate system that you will use to move/place your individual parts.
  27. Ali_Landcape

Hardscaping on a slope

Thanks Josh, I have used a texture bed but unfortunately I cannot see how to give it depth (for a section). Do you know?
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.