Andrew Davies

3DConnexion Mouse

Ah, thanks.

Yes here too.

Best Performance rotates my Grid only :D

Middle Mode works ...

I've just installed SP2 and was hopeful that the 3dconnexion issues might have been improved/resolved .... nothing has changed though, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, line-weight said:

I've just installed SP2 and was hopeful that the 3dconnexion issues might have been improved/resolved .... nothing has changed though, unfortunately.

If you reset everything as described here, does it behave the same way?

I'm tackling the configuration again now that I've been able to get on the latest macOS and do some modeling work with it.

5 hours ago, JimW said:

If you reset everything as described here, does it behave the same way?

I'm tackling the configuration again now that I've been able to get on the latest macOS and do some modeling work with it.

Ah, ok, I didn't see that. I will try doing this tomorrow. I'm on El Capitan at the moment - are you recommending going to Sierra as part of the process?

Nah I just did it after the update to make sure nothing new showed up, it SHOULD work on either.

I am sure this is old news, but have you all updated to 3D Connexion's latest driver?  I did a clean install and the latest version was 10.4.3

Working really well on defaults.  Also noticed that Vectorworks comes supported out of the box with lots of VWX specific commands.

Andrew could you give any information on how you set your mouse up with the new drivers. Thanks 

• Like 1

I'm finding that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Like there is some order of operations that must be followed to get the drivers to kick in ?

On 23.12.2016 at 4:58 PM, Andrew Davies said:

I am sure this is old news, but have you all updated to 3D Connexion's latest driver?  I did a clean install and the latest version was 10.4.3

Working really well on defaults.  Also noticed that Vectorworks comes supported out of the box with lots of VWX specific commands.

Can someone please provide a screenshot of the new VW Settings delivered with 10.4.3.

I see no changes although i did an "Install Plugins".

Maybe because I already have a custom "Vectorworks 2017" Setting,

which I don't want to delete for nothing.

My experience exactly as zoomer's.

Have installed 10.4.3 but I don't notice anything different.

I too already have a custom VW2017 setting.

The release notes for 10.4.3 don't mention anything Vectorworks-related, as far as I can see.

I have the Enterprise unplugged anyway.

No much extra benefit but arbitrarily awakes my Mac from sleep.

So I deleted my VW settings to see what's new.

Not bad.

All VW commands don't come over the dumb macro list but as separate "Application Commands"

in the Button Assignment Tab. Great.

So there aren't those 12 "macros" per App only as you are used and that may not fit your personal

needs but a pretty long list to choose from.

Would like to know where it is,

maybe I could add some for other Apps like C4D that do not provide "Application Commands"

1 hour ago, zoomer said:

All VW commands don't come over the dumb macro list but as separate "Application Commands"

in the Button Assignment Tab. Great.

Ah, ok, I have found them. I didn't need to delete or remake my custom VW2017 setting - they appear as an option under the button assignment tab as you say. This is useful.

Sorry - I should have replied to this sooner.

However, after posting I was finding it patchy to say the least, then a couple of days ago my Spacemouse Pro Wireless wouldn't even connect.

Been too busy to troubleshoot - so it is all uninstalled at the moment.

49 minutes ago, Andrew Davies said:

I see the SP3 now supports spacemouse enterprise (I think) - can anyone confirm this?

I am told this is true but have not tested it for myself yet.

@ Andrew Davies:

Here's a youtube link.  Luis here on the mother ship has his all tricked out and working... I believe he's been a beta tester for them...you can probably email him if you have questions - Lruiz@vectorworks.net

Edited by Wes Gardner
  • Like 1

Hello 3d fanatics.

Yes, I've been using these devices for a couple of years and this one is newest baby. Can't live without it. And yes, it made my modeling much faster and fun but I have to share some insides, I had to create a special workspace (copy of Architect) and add some shortcuts so I can create special macros. I think I added must of them to my favorite tools and menus keys (LCD display). Here is a pict of how I configured it. 

58d4048a01a97_ScreenShot2017-03-23at1_19_26PM.png.3cb1288bdb25a1b1d55cb477d6468788.png

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Luis!

Good to see it's fully supported. I've got the version down from that. Wireless, with 4 function keys but no LCD display. Will probably stick with that for a little while. 

But keen to know how you get your left / front buttons to also do right / rear?   Which is the modifier key? would be keen to do that on mine too. 

Very interesting Luis, thank you.

Also interesting to see you have included multiple extrude in there - not a command that I've seen being used much in practice.

With so much pent-up demand in the VW world perhaps now, with 2017 SP3 just released and compatibility assured, it is a great time to negotiate a special VWusers' discount for this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bcd said:

With so much pent-up demand in the VW world perhaps now, with 2017 SP3 just released and compatibility assured, it is a great time to negotiate a special VWusers' discount for this.

Yesssss yessss I love a good collaboration discount. :x

I'll give the Sales director a shake and see what comes of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Davies said:

But keen to know how you get your left / front buttons to also do right / rear?   Which is the modifier key? would be keen to do that on mine too. 

@Andrew Daviesif you look closely to the view keys, these have a box with a letter and a small letter in blue color, this means that if I press the key at a normal speed I can switch to a view, say right but if I keep holding the key down a bit longer I invoke Left. Same aspects with the other keys. Totally I have at my disposal 35 shortcuts. That also means I am getting lazy at moving the mouse, click the menu and scroll until I find what I need.

58d43f1e780f3_ScreenShot2017-03-23at5_32_48PM.png.cf9fe082c2cfd642b6198b9f899f1300.png

Thanks Luis!!

If you look closely, you can also see that V1, V2, V3 buttons have those blue smaller camera icon on them. You can quickly save the current view into the save view system by holding the button, say V1, for few seconds. Later, you can go back to that saved view by pressing and releasing the button quickly.