Michael Schroeder

Worksheet Data Visualization

Hello!

I am looking to have whatever I change in data visualization to reflect in a worksheet on the same sheet layer.

Image below: Truss is all colored via Data visualization, I would like to have a way to have it be reflected in the worksheet on that sheet layer as well.

Anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Thank you!!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 12.09.27 PM.png

• Like 1

+1 to this, eg a function called  =Image using Data Visualization attributes or something other

and

another called =Pattern using Data Visualization attributes

It would probably be necessary in both cases for the Worksheet to live as a Viewport Annotation.

Edited by bcd

I'm looking for the same thing.. Can anybody help me to make a simple worksheets of the colour meanings?

Sadly the only way I know how to do this is to place a live object into the viewport annotations as a legend symbol. In this methodology you don't use the =IMAGE function and the live object(s) will color via the Data Visualization settings.

For obvious reasons, this is not ideal because if your worksheet changes in layout/dimension/# of items, the live/dumb legend objects do not update with it in spacing or layout. It is the only way I currently know how to do this though.

Additionally, when is the =IMAGE function going to represent a true Vector version of the queried object/symbol? I'm tired of the poor quality, faint raster symbols created in worksheets that are hardly even legible upon export, regardless of the DPI of the worksheet or sheet layer

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Charlie Winter said:

@Gunther Who would be able to provide some feedback here?

I've checked with a couple sources and the output/workflow doesn't seem possible.  Let me check with a few others...