All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Lyle, There is now. This script gives you an option to draw the circles on the Ground Plane, or elevate them to the height of the 3D Locus by changing the value of constant "Circles3D". See comments in script. I also added a dialog to let you specify the circle's diameter before the script runs. Procedure Loci3DToCircle; { Replaces every Loci in a drawing with a Circle } { centered at the insertion point of the loci. Use with care after backing up } { the original drawing. Use at your own risk. Here there } { be dragons. No warranty expressed or implied. ;-) } { Adjust the Const Radius = 1' to a unit an size appropriate to the requirement } { All Circles created will use the default class, color, etc of the document. } { January 28, 2015} { July 15, 2011} { © 2011-2015, Coviana, Inc - Pat Stanford pat@coviana.com} { Licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License} { 08 Aug 2020 - Raymond J Mullin } { This is a modification of Pat Stanford's script to convert 2D Loci to circles. } { This script will convert 3D Loci to Circles on the Ground Plane if constant Circles3D is FALSE, } { or it will elevate the circles to the Z height of the 3D Loci if constant Circles3D is TRUE. } { This script will also use a dialog for the user to set the Circle's Diameter. } Const Radius = 6"; Circles3D = TRUE; { Circles on Ground Plane if FALSE. Floating circles if TRUE. } Var Diam :Real; Procedure DoAction(H :Handle); Var X, Y, Z : Real; Begin GetLocus3D(H, X, Y, Z); ArcByCenter(X, Y, Diam/2, 0, 360); SetObjectVariableBoolean(LNewObj, 1160, FALSE); { circle on Gnd Plane } if Circles3D then Move3DObj(LNewObj, 0, 0, Z); { elevate circle } DelObject(H); { delete 3D Locus } End; { DoAction } BEGIN Diam := RealDialog('What Diameter?', Num2StrF(Radius*2)); if not DidCancel then ForEachObject(DoAction, T=LOCUS3D); END; Run(Loci3DToCircle); Have fun, Raymond
  3. apparently you can share your hunting maps with people...
  4. Today
  5. Here’s a more than 10-year-old wishlist requesting better text editing & formatting abilities, including on-the-fly spell check. Maybe someday it will be implemented in Vw...
  6. Note that in order for VP Class Overrides to work, USE AT CREATION must be ON in the Class setup dialog.
  7. @innes 1234 Find your local distributor
  8. Vectorworks has a built in Cloth shader under Reflectivity>Cloth. This shader is based on Cinema4D's Irawan(Cloth) shader model. Cloth presets define the weave pattern of certain fabrics, and you can fine tune the irregularities, shine properties of the cloth to get a velvet look. You can also add a Noise shader on top to get an overall rough feeling, and/or an Image shader for a pattern. I hope this helps.
  9. As a follow up, I managed to turn off the "Application Window," so now I can see other application files on my desktop while VW is open, but no VW files are open. I then noticed that even without the Application Window that the VW files still opened in tabs, verifying (to me) that the Application Window served no purpose. Then I realized that the user cannot select the tabbed files. Let's say, for example, I open File A, then File B and File C. They all go into neat tabs (as in Illustrator, or any other Adobe product). Only File A, however, can be worked on. The user can click on Files B or C, but the file only remains active while the mouse button is being held down. Upon releasing the mouse button, File A reverts to being the active file. The user has to close File A to work on either File B or C. Even then, only B or C can be worked on, not both. The user cannot switch between the tabbed files. With the Application Window, however, it works perfectly. I'm thinking that the Application Window might have been invented to fix the tabbed file bug. I this true? Does is do something else I'm not seeing? No other application I know of that allows tabbed files has anything analogous to the Application Window, which for me does nothing but get in the way when VW is open and I want to work in another application. Does anyone else see this or is this unique to my install of VW? By the way, Pat, closing the last open file does not quit/close the application. You must be thinking of another OS, but on the MacOS this is not the case. I have Vectorworks and Illustrator open right now with no active files. It has been this way with Macs, I think, since OS System8. Thanks, Mike
  10. Well, there are a couple of strange things here. Strange 1: I find that VW15 has run on every OSX from 10.11 through 10.15 without any major problems. 10.15 broke VW16 which wont even launch. This perhaps suggests that it is not the Mac's OS that is causing the problem as older versions of VW work. Strange 2: The compatibility chart claims that VW is only supported for ~ 1 year on the MAC platform. From the Chart VW16 is only supported through Mac OS 10.12 (which Apple released in Fall 2016), VW17 is only supported through Mac OS 10.13 (which Apple released in Fall 2017), VW 18 is only supported through Mac OS 10.14, (which Apple released in Fall 2018), etc. This implies that there is only about a year's life in each release, which is surprising to say the least.
  11. Mark, thank you , but the reason I want to convert the text to polylines is not material to my question. Pat, I think you may be right, but I'll have to experiment. It had never been a problem in the previous 20 years, so I was curious as to why it suddenly was an issue. There are so many problems with edit windows with this version I may have assumed this was another one without thinking through it. Thanks for your advice. Mike
  12. Furthermore I've just inserted several lighting instruments directly from the VWX library. I then made sure these symbols had a model name just like I have done with my own symbols (which of course they did as they are straight from the library). I then added them to a brand new instrument summary and these are still showing up as the symbol name.
  13. Apologies for the crop, I was just showing as an example. I've attached a full image of the Lighting Symbol Maintenance window. I can confirm that all symbols in the file have a Model Name. These symbols I am using are minor adaptations of the ones in the VWX libraries so i'm not sure why this is happening. I'm not sure what relevance light info record has as previously the model name was displaying correctly in the instrument summary. Seems like another confusing layer of data that isn't required?
  14. The Summary reverts to the symbol name if the Model Name is blank or the Light Info Record isn’t attached to the symbol. The screen shots you provided don’t show the same symbols. This may just be how they are cropped, but double check that the symbols in the Summary have Light Info attaches.
  15. @Conrad Preen thank you for the tip.
  16. Spacebar, Command, Option no longer zooming in or out and really slowing down my work flow. I rely on this hugely to work fast and efficiently. Any ideas. Its not safari as i dont have it open...and dont seem to have any other conflict. I used: Spacebar - Pan Spacebar , Command to zoom in Spacebar, Command, Option to zoom out. This was what i was always using but found it only worked on some workstations.... I have upgraded to Mojav an also my wacom tablet to the latest intuos and wondered if this would be the problem, however i am desperate to find a solution so i am able to use these hotkeys again. Please help...its frustrating not being able to use something when you have spent years and years using it that way..feel a little lost. Please help Thanks Ari
  17. Spacebar, Command, Option no longer zooming in or out and really slowing down my work flow. I rely on this hugely to work fast and efficiently. Any ideas. Its not safari as i dont have it open...and dont seem to have any other conflict. I used: Spacebar - Pan Spacebar , Command to zoom in Spacebar, Command, Option to zoom out. This was what i was always using but found it only worked on some workstations.... I have upgraded to Mojav an also my wacom tablet to the latest intuos and wondered if this would be the problem, however i am desperate to find a solution so i am able to use these hotkeys again. Please help...its frustrating not being able to use something when you have spent years and years using it that way..feel a little lost. Please help Thanks Ari
  18. @Arielus Contact tech@vectorworks.net and we will be able to assist you.
  19. I kinda wish it would automatic spell check as we type
  20. Thank you for your response! All of those fields are populated with text, see example image attached...
  21. I can never remember the exact order but I think the Instrument summary will first look for Model Name, then Device Type and then will resort to Symbol Name if none of the others exist. Check in Lighting Instrument Maintenance to make sure that you have all the requisite names in place. Lighting Symbol Maintenance can be found under Menu > Spotlight > Reports
  22. I have an instrument summary (within a title block) inserted on a sheet layer. This instrument summary was working absolutely fine until I recently refreshed... All instruments were using "Model Name" until I refreshed. They now all use the "Symbol Name" of the instruments which is the problem I need to fix! As you can see in the image attached my symbol names are all long and not ideal in the instrument summary whereas i've edited all the model names to look clean. "DC Martin ERA 800 Performance" should read "ERA 800 Perf" Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks Dan
  23. Is there a way to copy a custom color scheme between the different Visualizations ? I have 3+ schemes and 7 colors / scheme. Looking to create consistency across them all. Thank you 🙂
  24. Having problems when trying to update a reference in one of our files - every time we try to update VW crashes. Any Ideas?
  25. Myers

Mr

Hi, I'm having problems with white lines showing up on one of the roof faces in my south elevation. I have tried to recreate the roof and even change the roof components to be one mass rather than include timbers. Thanks Luke
  26. Obviously the shaders in Vectorworks are a bit more limited than in Cinema4D, but using a simple Fresnel color shader should get you pretty close. Here's one that I made that you can play around with. VelvetTexture_AEB_v2020.vwx I have a bit of Noise in the Bump shader too. You could add some Reflectivity for further effects. I keep this texture in my Favorites library and just switch out the Fresnel colors depending on the specific velvet being used in the project.
  27. How do I create a velvet material in Renderworks? I've seen some realistically looking examples made with Cinema 4D.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.