Marionette: Background gradients makes Node text hard to read

rDesign

Question

On some of the default Marionette nodes, the 'white' Node text is hard to read on top of the gradient depending on the background color. I think it would be more legible if the Node backgrounds were just a simple color instead of the gradients. This would also be more in line with the clean, modern 'flat' UI.

See attached example of hard-to-read text.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=13246&filename=get_arrow_style_node.png

(I know that the Node gradients show up in the Resource Browser, but any changes made there would only be in that document).

12 answers to this question

It's not a biggie for me - but I'm also not a fan of the graphical style. I'm also a little confused why Marionette is included in the Basic Tool Palette. It's anything but Basic. With such a high level workflow it seems anomalous to include it as a tool grouped with the Rectangle, Clip, Move by Points etc.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There was a LOT of discussion about where Marionette should go, since really it doesn't fit in any of the existing palettes at all.

I have recommended that in future upgrades it actually might be better as a palette on its own rather than just a single tool, so users would have quicker access to the various categories even if the icons aren't strictly linked to other tools, but thats still just in talks nothing official yet.

I have recommended that in future upgrades it actually might be better as a palette on its own rather than just a single tool, so users would have quicker access to the various categories even if the icons aren't strictly linked to other tools, but thats still just in talks nothing official yet.

This would make a lot of sense, especially if other scripting related tools would be included in that palette as well.