Where is curved double line tool?

I'm I the only person who wants the double line tool to also make curved double line entities? It would be just like the round wall tool, except not a wall tool. I don't understand how this type of tool is not considered fundamental? If I want to draw a curved solid I have to draw two arcs, make one radius smaller than the other and clip it. The I have to stitch them all together. I would be nice to have all the functionality of the arc tool, but to draw double lines. Is it there and I'm I just missing it? I hope so.

Thanks,

MHBrown

• Like 2

Try using the poly line tool to draw one side of the double line (lets you use all the corner/curve options), then use the offset tool with /Offset by Distance / Offset Original Object / Offset from Nearest Edge /Close Open Curves checked.

hth

mk

Edit: To be clear - I agree that a polyline version of the double line tool would be a good idea (Jim?). The above method is the workaround I usually use.

Edited by michaelk
  • 7 years later...
7 minutes ago, Matt Hall said:

Is there a curved double line tool yet?

The site model tools have come a long way and I would like to make a curving sidewalk but cant find a one step process to make a curving polygon 

Can you draw a single Polyline then use the Offset Tool?

25 minutes ago, Matt Hall said:

would like to make a curving sidewalk but cant find a one step process to make a curving polygon 

It would be very helpful to expand the Polyline tool so it draws either a single line, the center line, left side or right side of a double sided polyline - the offset of which was adjustable via direct input or slider during the operation or in the OIP afterwards

43 minutes ago, Matt Hall said:

Is there a curved double line tool yet?

The site model tools have come a long way and I would like to make a curving sidewalk but cant find a one step process to make a curving polygon 

Are you just doing 2D illustration or trying to make hardscapes?  If the latter, draw the centerline of the sidewalk using the Polyline Tool, probably Arc Tangent Mode the best, and layout your centerlines.  Then, right click on the polyline, select Create Objects from Shapes, and pick the hardscape option.  That works well for sidewalks of uniform width, which sounds like what you are after.

When it comes to tangent arc designs with intersecting arcs, you just have to lay out the shapes the old fashion way and convert to hardscapes after the layout is complete.

• Like 2