mike11968

quantity of doors in schedule

More details on what you want please. Are you looking for just a count of the total number of doors? Or are you looking to have doors of the same "type" summarized in the schedule with a count for the number of each type?

26 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

More details on what you want please. Are you looking for just a count of the total number of doors? Or are you looking to have doors of the same "type" summarized in the schedule with a count for the number of each type?

As shown in the image below, theres 8 of the same doors and I would a column that lists the sum of the same door. The red # which represents the quantity in the image is what I'm trying to achieve. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.39.40 PM.png

In your database header for each column, there is a little disclosure triangle (downward pointing triangle).Click it and you will get the following dialog box.5a8dc0e06e4de_ScreenShot2018-02-21at10_56_15AM.thumb.png.e0675d3bb82cd3ecd05e27fe8e44e7ef.png 

If you click the Summarize Items check box, it will compress all of the items with the same value into a single row. If you click the Sum Values button, it will then add up all of the values for each of the compressed items.

As @Markvl says, add a column with a formula of =count, figure our what column you want to summarize on and you should be set to go.

Ask again if you need more help.

Hello, 

Here is it. I actually added a column with style (the formula is =PST) and another with count (formula is =count). I then use the sum button on the style column to summarize the item. 

summarized.PNG

However, I find it annoying that the worksheet also sums the width, height and Thickness... So I thought that to solve this I could use the formula =(Door.Width)/C4 instead then just =(Door.Width)... alas it does not work.  The worksheet just ignore the /C4, it does not return an error though, the result is simple unchanged. Would someone have an idea why? 

c4.PNG

Check the settings for those columns. If the Sum Values check box is checked, uncheck it. The values should not be summed unless that box is checked.

Hi Pat, 

thank you ! I can see that check box in 2018 (when I convert the file) and it really does the trick. However this worksheet is in 2017 is there an equivalent to the Sum Values check box in 2017?

sumvalues.PNG

Hello, 

I got the answer from techsupport. The equivalent in 2017 is to drag the sum sign into the column you want to "uncheck". Here summing the G and H column actually allow not to sum the width and height of each item...

2017.PNG