Rendering Viewport turns everything black

mattOC

I ran into an issue today when I started using Image Effects on a viewport. At the end of the render process the viewport would turn a really dark grey, almost black (to be clear, this is a separate bug than the one this topic was initially about, but seems relevant to recent posts).

My default compression was set to PNG. When I switched it to JPEG everything worked fine. When I switched back to PNG it messes up again. If I turn off Image Effects on the viewport the bug goes away.

The viewport has a RW style, no RW background, plus a Hidden Line foreground rendering.

Unfortunately, I need compression set to PNG because I need the background of the viewport to be transparent. When the compression is set to JPEG the background fills with white (and therefore is affected by the Image Effects, which looks goofy).

Is this something slated to be fixed? I'm not sure if this is related to the bugs @Selin listed above, or if it's something different.

• Like 3

I'm using a Mac, High Sierra 10.13.6, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7; 32GM 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, with a Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB Graphics card. 

No camera effects.  Just render a viewport, then it immediately goes black after the render is complete.  Typically, I can copy the black viewport, re-render the new one and delete the old.  More often, I've had to create an entirely new viewport because no copying of the "bad" viewport will render correctly.  

Rebooting, changing caches, only VW open, nothing seems to fix it.  It is sporadic and still a problem.  

Guest Selin
On 5/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, Andy Broomell said:

If I turn off Image Effects on the viewport the bug goes away.

Is this something slated to be fixed? I'm not sure if this is related to the bugs @Selin listed above, or if it's something different.

Yes, @Andy Broomell This is a known bug assigned to engineers who worked on the Image Effects task. 

I pushed both for image effects and the OpenGL black background bugs to be fixed in SP4 but I'm not certain. They're both out of my hands now.

@SNOJNKY this is a RW viewport and your image compression is set to PNG right? If so, this sounds like the hard to reproduce black RW VP bug. When you get the black viewport once, can you still use other Renderworks features? (Like successfully creating a texture)

“Cross fingers? Fix in sp4 but not for sure? Out of my hands?”

Guys excuse me, but: i really love Vectorworks but here only 2 situation are possible. 1) people are not interesting in Renderworks 2) Vectorworks are not interesting in people who rendering with renderworks and image effects. 

6 monts after 2019 launch (maybe more) actually if i teach Vw to someone i need to say him “stay away from image effects”. 

After all, not all people are betatester: i love to be one of them but not everyone must be.

People works with Vectorworks, and need to generate image without hoping but knowing what he does. People hope that a football team could win a championship.

When i work in a team “out of my hands” it is not even a thinkable sentence . I lost the work if i say something like this. I need to cooperate to solve the problem, not to wash my hands and says: not my problem. Because this question, sorry, but it becomes to be a commedy. Ok for sp3, but for sp4 it will need to be fixed certainely! 

otherwise it is better that you withdraw the command, people will early a lot of time without a black rendering button command. 

Not to generate controversy, but to let understand that is really important question to fix immediately. 

So, good work and have a nice day. 

Z

• 1 year later...