Snap cues disappear!

Bruce Kieffer

Question

On 3/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, Gunther said:

We have one bug report on this issue.  Unfortunately, another one I've been unable to duplicate or see in house.

Do you use any kind of app/utility that handles shortcuts or similar?  This is an old reference, though years ago, for example, the utility QuickKeys, use to cause problems with Vectorworks.

Hi Gunther,

I attached a three screenshots to show how this bug is on my end.  It's making my drawing frustrating to be honest.  I'm glad I'm not alone in this.  Is there a work around I can do for the dimension issue?  I have to recreate the dimension every time instead of just moving the handle.  I hate associated dimensions so I'm not using that.  I've been using VW's since 2006 and I've never seen this.  I also attached me settings.  If you see something that can be changed to resolve this please let me know.   

Please work on this as soon as you guys can.  Thanks so much!  Shoot me an email if I can help / guinea pig in any way.  Thanks!  

Bill

Apple M3 Pro

14.1 (23B2073) - Not upgrading due to Sketchup compatibility issues

VWX 2024 Update 3.1 (Build 739493)

1ST CLICK.png

2ND CLICK.png

DIMENSION CLICK.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 3.25.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 3.25.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 3.25.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 3.25.12 PM.png

Quick update to my last post.  I turned everything off under VW Preferences>Interactive>Highlighting and the handles came back.....but they don't work as they are supposed to.  I have to double click or use the reshape command.  I got excited there for a minute but sigh the issue still exist.  Handles are one of the many things that makes VW's so much better than CAD.  Thanks.  

Zoomer, where is Desired Mode?  I've never heard of that.  I use Vectorworks Architect so it may not apply.  See my settings above.  

Quick update: this no handles issue also applies to text boxes.  I can't reshape them using the handles. I have to enter the Width distance in the Object Info box which makes for quite a bit of back and forth and time wasting because using the handles I can see exactly what I want in real time and not have to bother with trial and error.  

I also didn't get an email on the topic replies even though I asked to be sent an email?  Not sure what is going on with that but right now, I don't care about that.  The no handles thing is killing me ( I know, get in line but still...).  Thanks everybody!  

Well gentleman, turning off Disabled Interactive Scaling Mode seemed to fix the disappearing handle issues in objects and in text.  No bug, just user error.  Humble pie is on the menu today for me.  

I'm not sure how that came about.  I had to switch machines and loaded a new copy of VWX so somehow in the process I selected that option.  So, good day and thank you for the help.  

• Like 2

I'm on Windows10, VW2023 SP7 and, yes, this happens to me from time to time. Suddenly, none of the snaps work. It is as if I am holding the tilde key down. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern and I have to restart VW to get it working again.

MH Brown

1 hour ago, MGuilfoile said:

I'm on Windows10, VW2023 SP7 and, yes, this happens to me from time to time. Suddenly, none of the snaps work. It is as if I am holding the tilde key down. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern and I have to restart VW to get it working again.

MH Brown

1 hour ago, MGuilfoile said:

To Bill O.

That is actually good news. I'll check that the next time it happens,

MH Brown

Also check 'Snap to Object' is enabled as discussed earlier in thread. I have found it turning itself off for no known reason multiple times lately:

Untitled13.jpg.7398b8a91199c4098c05ac93fd206b7b.jpg

I can't figure out what's triggering it.

• Like 1