scottmoore

Spotlight Numbering

Can someone point me in the right direction in how to use the new numbering tool in Spotlight 2109?  I am apparently far to dense to figure it out! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scottmoore said:

Can someone point me in the right direction in how to use the new numbering tool in Spotlight 2109?  I am apparently far to dense to figure it out! 

You  have to select the items you want to number,   open the numbering dialog,  then check the boxes in the "use" field list on the left.   Then for each item you check,  you have to highlight it (turns blue) and adjust your numbering options.    I've caught myself numerous times having the wrong (usually unchecked) field selected to modify the options and can't figure out WTF it didn't work.   

image.thumb.png.f2c71dfc9702c9a53cfebabafee3d55e.png

Edited by Wesley Burrows

Ahhh, it was the highlighting bit I wasn’t following. Certainly not as intuitive in the GUI  as 2018 and earlier, but more flexibility. 

Very much appreciated. 

Also you can save your numbering settings as a template to reuse in other documents and it can be used on any object in Spotlight that has a data record, such as trusses, hoists etc.

5 hours ago, jcogdell said:

Also you can save your numbering settings as a template to reuse in other documents and it can be used on any object in Spotlight that has a data record, such as trusses, hoists etc.

I did notice that and it’s certainly a much more useful tool. I do miss the ability to see all of your numbering selections displayed at one time, but that is certainly not a huge deal at all. Just what I am used to I suppose. 

Much appreciated.