RafaelPernia

Section Marker Scale/Size

Question

Hello Everyone, I'm starting my 3rd or 4th project in VW and the section markers (the triangles and bubbles with the numbers inside) look oversized in some viewports and tiny in others. It makes sense since I'm specifying the marker size in inches but I never had this issue before. Is there a way to keep them relative to the drawing like the Grid bubbles? There must be something I'm missing. 

Thank in advance!

I'm using VW 2019 SP2 on macOS 10.14.3

3 answers to this question

Are the section lines placed in design layers? If so, the best way to avoid this problem is to not show them in design layers, or place them on a design layer that's not visible in the viewports (if you want to have them there for reference). Then, select the section viewport and click on the "Section Line Instances" button in the Object Info palette. A dialog will appear allowing you to choose which layers and viewports to display the section lines in. Any viewports you show them in will place a section line in their annotations. Each section line marker will then display according to the scale of its parent viewport.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, Matt Panzer said:

Are the section lines placed in design layers? If so, the best way to avoid this problem is to not show them in design layers, or place them on a design layer that's not visible in the viewports (if you want to have them there for reference). Then, select the section viewport and click on the "Section Line Instances" button in the Object Info palette. A dialog will appear allowing you to choose which layers and viewports to display the section lines in. Any viewports you show them in will place a section line in their annotations. Each section line marker will then display according to the scale of its parent viewport.

Thanks this seems logic and handy. Actuallly it works, the layer is off but the section lines are there as annotations.

But still, the size of the markers is constant. I just duplicated a floor plan viewport, changed the scale and the markers are the same size in both. If I manually change the size of a marker in one viewport it changes in the other. I'm guessing this has something to do with layer scale and viewport scales. Anyway, thanks for your tip, it made me understand the section line instances.

33 minutes ago, RafaelPernia said:

Thanks this seems logic and handy. Actuallly it works, the layer is off but the section lines are there as annotations.

But still, the size of the markers is constant. I just duplicated a floor plan viewport, changed the scale and the markers are the same size in both. If I manually change the size of a marker in one viewport it changes in the other. I'm guessing this has something to do with layer scale and viewport scales. Anyway, thanks for your tip, it made me understand the section line instances.

Glad to help! 🙂

The "printed" size of the markers should be the same across viewports regardless of the viewport's scale. IOW, a marker seen in a 1:50 scale viewport should be the same size (as seen on the sheet layer) as the same section line marker in a viewport of another scale.