2 Point Perspecitive

Tom Klaber

Question

8 answers to this question

Of course we need ...

(and asked for years - but got Camera banking instead)

For Viewport Renderings you can workaround.

(With other drawbacks)

- Keep your camera horizontal

- move Viewport Crop up or down later - to get the desired final View

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi I tend to use the walkthrough mode and not cameras to set up my views. Then set viewport from the view. As long as i stay horizontal the verticals are vertical even in exaggerated wide angle.

HTH

Just tried this, and yeah, it creates a perfect 2 point perspective. All my verticals were 90º. Thanks for the great tip. So it should be no problem to add this to the camera functionality. This is a good work around, but I would still like to use it from the camera tool in order to take advantage of it's options and adjustment capabilities. I find the walkthrough tool very cumbersome.

You don't actually need to use the walkthrough tool at all. Within the RW camera tool you just need to make sure that the camera height and look to height are the same. That's currently the only way to get two-point perspective, though it'd be nice to also have the option to tilt the camera up or down slightly and still have the option to keep verticals parallel.

BTW, on the topic of the walkthrough tool - note that you can place a RW camera, then with it activated, use the walkthrough tool to move your view around and have the camera "follow". And conversely, you can use the walkthrough tool to find a view you like, then place a RW camera and click the "Match Current View" button.

(Or if you have a SpaceMouse, that works like the Walkthrough tool regarding above functionality.)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Within the RW camera tool you just need to make sure that the camera height and look to height are the same.

Yep, that works too. When setting a 3D view I always make the look-to and view heights the same, but not usually with the camera, so I hadn't noticed. Doesn't make sense for a camera to produce parallel lines, but from a practical stand point in VW it's definitely good to know. Either method is a good workaround, but a proper 2 point would still be nice.

3 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

BTW, on the topic of the walkthrough tool - note that you can place a RW camera, then with it activated, use the walkthrough tool to move your view around and have the camera "follow". And conversely, you can use the walkthrough tool to find a view you like, then place a RW camera and click the "Match Current View" button.

Yeah, this applies to the Pan, Flyover, Translate and Rotate tools also.

• Like 1