B Cox

Arrow Issues in 2018 SP3

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm having issues with markers in 2018 SP3 on Windows 10.  In old versions, markers drew perpendicular to tangent of the line they were marking at the REAR of the arrow (IE, how you would expect an arrow to be drawn.  In 2018 SP3, the behavior has changed and now draws perpendicular to the tangent at the NOSE of the arrow, resulting (especially when using the freehand tool) for the arrow head to be misaligned badly (ie, having the arrow hanging off the line by its nose.)  Anyone else having this issue? is there a workaround?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Edited by B Cox
added another photo

6 answers to this question

Definitely had this issue a couple of days ago. No workaround that I know of.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Callout Tool notes leader lines are once again getting all messed up on 2018 sp3 file. Just started having this problem yesterday, they started fine but when I got to my 3rd viewport to annotate everything was screwy. 

Edited by Patrick Fritsch

I should revise my description of this behavior. The arrow points from the PREVIOUS vertex point, rather than the final vertex of a line.

Any ideas nemetscheck?

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Issue looks to still be present in sp4, but I don't see a bug submission for this anywhere, submitting one now.

Workaround looks like it would be to exit the polyline and add a straight segment off of the original endpoint the length of the marker, to correct the appearance.

Ok thanks. I feel like there was a period in march where no one was monitoring bug complaints on the board. Must have fell through the cracks then.