Windoor VW2017 Copy and Apply

I have made changes to the external trim of a window.

I wish to apply these changes to the other windows in the job.

I select the window, go into the Copy and Apply windoor setting palette.

The copy from "selected windoor object" is not selectable.

The other two options are from file default settings which is not applicable, the other option is from windoor symbol which is blank.

Ideas?

Capture5.PNG

I don't know if this is what is going on with your Windoor issues, but occasionally I get similar blank drop-down selectors like you are experiencing — here is a recent example of when it happened to me using the Heliodon tool:

heliodon_001.jpg

It happens to me with a variety of tools which all appear to share the same style of pull-down selector, and the only way I can fix it is to Reset my Vectorworks User Preferences Folder

Just a thought - perhaps that's what you're experiencing with Windoor, maybe it's a Vw problem not directly related to Windoor itself.

Edited by rDesign

I had this in the past when I allowed myself to not "display default content"

(As far as remember although I copied all VW ressources into my Workspace Folder (?))

Also I have that when I do not concentrate when "purging" my files, as Heliodon Symbol as well

as it's ressources (same as for Image Props) will be selected for purging, although used.

Maybe because all these Symbols are used/inserted as PlugIns only in the file.

I have heard back from Ozcad, there was a bug preventing this from working when one object was selected, and it now doesn't work with multiple objects as it became too difficult for it to figure out what the first object was. The workflow now if you want to copy is to select one, copy to defaults, select the others, copy from defaults.

Megabits (Bill & Jeremy) should now have a copy of  Windoor v22.0.4

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

For users of Vectorworks 2017 I would recommend watching the following video produced by OzCAD. With the introduction of Window Styles in Vectorworks 2017 the workflows with Windows, Doors and WinDoors has great new advantages. It seems to me the object-to-object copy/apply method has (by my reckoning) been superseded.