Random Plywood Sheets

Hi all,

I'm currently rendering the exterior of a set covered in various plywood sheets. I'm wondering without making a series of different textures if there's a way I can make my plywood wood texture regenerate randomly for each sheet.

It just looks tessellated and bland at the moment.

Cheers,

James

If your texture image is big enough, you could use different areas of it for each plysheet in your drawing by adjusting the h & v offsets, scale and rotation/flip in the OIP Render tab. If the initial image is not big enough for that, you could probably get away with scaling at least a little in the OIP.

Almost as easy is to photograph several pieces of ply and make a library of textures.

-B

I found this large plywood texture image somewhere on Flikr (I'll edit my post later to give credit if I can find where I found it again). It's made of a bunch of tiled random plywood sheets, might be what you're looking for.

Warning - the file is about 5mb.

HTH,

Tim

Peter- I never would specify installing the plywood like that: it looks more decorative than structural. That was just the way I found that texture on Flickr, and I haven't had a chance to modify it per generic US construction methods.

BTW I found the original link for that texture, there are some other very nice ones that have been uploaded with a CC license, no attribution necessary free wood texture, generic plywood | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.

Tim

• 4 years later...