Vectorworks 2024 failing to run program after loading

Elias B

Question

I am trying to use Vectorworks 2024 on my desktop windows 10 computer but every time I open the program it loads everything up, closes the loading window as if to open the program, then never opens the program. I've reinstalled the program and attempted the file repair to no avail. The program worked not 3 days ago on this computer, but now seems to just not work. Additionally, whenever the program fails to open, task manager shows my GPU shoot up to 100 percent usage for a brief spike. 

Here are my system specs: 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Processor:    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz, 2803 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 32 GB 

Display: 1920 X 1080, 60 Hz

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

12 answers to this question

Cineware is the rendering engine.  If you don't need Renderworks or Realistic rendering styles then you are probably OK.  But it would be best to get in touch with Tech Support and get the problem figured out so that Cineware is available when you need it.

There are certainly others who do not have the problems you are having.

My first guess would be video drivers.

• Like 1

I have done a completely fresh download of all my graphics drivers (NVIDIA, and intel integrated drivers) and neither have had any effect. The program still crashes when it gets to Cineware with no error message. I have contacted technical support but have not gotten a response.

Hi @Elias B

Because Vectorworks was working but now is not, the cause of the problem is likely caused by something that has changed and because yours is the only report I've heard, at this stage it is likely caused by something particular to your machine. 

Because there are correlations / conditions relating to graphics involved –as @Dave Donley and @Pat Stanford's suggested– your graphics card drivers are the likely culprit. I understand you've applied the latest drivers, however graphics card driver installers only replace superseded components. They don't reinstall the whole thing so if one or more graphics card driver components have become corrupt, they won't get replaced. 

I suggest you run that graphics card driver installer again, but this time select the 'Custom/Advanced' install option, then check the 'Perform a clean installation' option offered on the next step. 

If this is on a laptop, you may then need to assign the dedicated graphics card for use with Vectorworks

I encountered the same problem.
after reinstalling the program, it continued
after reinstalling the drivers it continued
I made several attempts until I formatted the pc.
installed all necessary drivers and updates, I try to intall the program again and again it freezes.

i need to use it to work. if anyone has a solution, please help

I just deleted 24 and will continue to use 23.  I encountered issues when I did the same thing from 22-23.  I did hear back from tech support but I'm not sure I will bother as I just don't have time to deal with it.  @Jeff Prince I think your advice is sound.  I'll let the bugs work out first.

• Like 1

I'm in contact with tech support.  Drivers were out of date so I reloaded 2024 will not even install now.  Interesting.  I will try to work through it.  Thankfully 2023 seems to be firing on all cylinders.  I will post updates as I figure it out.