Custom windows not rendering correctly in Shaded view

Andrew Pollock

Question

@Dick Jenkins, I assume you are using VW 2024?? 

A couple thoughts so u can meet your deadline...

1) Can you export the file back to 2023 and see what happens??

2) Install Windoor, which is a third party app and generally has more door and window options than the native VW doors and windows, and see if that can get your through in the meantime until there is a fix for your issue.

Again, just some thoughts so your Client doesn't fire you for being late with the renderings 🙂

-Kev

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Kevin K said:

@leecalisti and @Dick Jenkins……somehow, I got it to work….:-)

Dick and I were chatting yesterday and he sent me the offending file to see if it would act differently on my side.

I need to retrace the steps I made to procure the solution.

@leecalisti, did you install the service pack 2 update for 2024??….and also, we’re you using a styled window in your situation??

Can someone send me a file with the window that has the issue and one that does not?

5 hours ago, Kevin K said:

Hey Matt

Probably a good idea to have @leecalisti or @Dick Jenkins send you one, since they are the ones that were having the issues.

Hey Kevin,  Yeah.  I was kinda’ indirectly directing that comment to @leecalisti and @Dick Jenkins. 😉

If one of you can send them to me, it might help us better nail this issue down.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Andrew Pollock said:

here is a simple file that I made that has the issue

test.vwx 26.78 MB · 1 download

Thanks @Andrew Pollock,

What I'm hoping for though is a file showing the custom sash window displaying correctly so I can examine its settings.

@leecalisti, @Dick Jenkins, If you have a file to can send, please do.

1 minute ago, Matt Panzer said:

Thanks @Andrew Pollock,

What I'm hoping for though is a file showing the custom sash window displaying correctly so I can examine its settings.

@leecalisti, @Dick Jenkins, If you have a file to can send, please do.

Actually, I see the issue.  It appears to happen only when the interior and exterior sash is given different textures.  Setting them both to the same texture seems to correct the issue.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

It seems to have worked fine when I was screen sharing with Dick Jenkins.  He used two different textures for the jambs and sash, both interior and exterior, but as I noted, I had him set it up giving the respective classes the textures.

Thanks Kevin!  Good to know there's a way around the issue if you want two textures!

The the bug seems to be related to directly applying different textures to the interior/exterior sash.  I noted this on the bug report.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, leecalisti said:

@Matt Panzer    I have all the window frames, sashes, etc. on the same class, thus the same finish - still some oddities. I can send a file, but it's a large file.

image.png.b9dfc73754431052b97d63a03e012247.png

Can you try copying a wall or two with the problem windows into a new file and, if the issue is still there, send that to me?