ViewBar - allow custom ordering of sections

E|FA

Question

16 answers to this question

2 hours ago, E|FA said:

Feature request to allow customization of the VW 2024 ViewBar:

1. Reorder controls & sections

2. Left align, center align, right align on screen

Not only will this be in keeping with the personalization of VW inherent in custom Workspaces, it will also offer an accessibility benefit.  See: 

What about 3. Greater choice of settings/controls you can add to View Bar in order to make use of empty space?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

What about 3. Greater choice of settings/controls you can add to View Bar in order to make use of empty space?

I have the typographic controls all turned off. Unless there are advanced typesetting/page layout controls coming sometime soon, I see no need. I am very used to these controls being menu commands and available in the OIP.

As such I have a huge amount of available space center screen.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

Patiently waiting for everyone to figure out what the wasted space took the place of... 

The View Bar now extends all the way to the LHS, Multiple View Panes has been removed to Quick Prefs + Look at Working Plane has been removed to Current View drop down....?

6 hours ago, E|FA said:

Are you using the View Bar's compact mode?  You gain vertical drawing space and it spreads things out horizontally.

This is much better thank you I missed that!

Hi,

the new View Bar version 1 is very good and i like it much.

My ideas for Version 2:

- I would love to see the “Attributes Panel” integrated into the View Bar.

This could be the best place for that kind of information!

- Custom ordering for the View Bar AND the “Quick Preferences”

- An option to define which of the palette left / right goes to the top
  so that the View Bar sits in between. This would bring the information
  in the View Bar, more in focus for users like me with a 21:9 monitor.

- Text Panel: Some options are hidden (see screenshot). We have the
  space to bring it to the front AND please a font-size-adjuster for +1 and -1.

Greetings from Germany and have a nice weekend

Tobi

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-15 um 08.12.05.png

Edited by Tobias Kern
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Tobias Kern said:

- I would love to see the “Attributes Panel” integrated into the View Bar.

This could be the best place for that kind of information!

I'm liking this - its always too big and too small at the same time.

10 hours ago, Tobias Kern said:

- Custom ordering for the View Bar AND the “Quick Preferences”

Yes to this - previously the Quick Preference would be ordered based on the order you added them to the tool bar, now they seem to have a pre-set location based on their position in the matrix.

Greetings to Germany.

• Like 2

I couldn't find a separate existing Wishlist topic for this, but figured it could go here:

Please separate the Sheet Layer dropdown from the Design Layer dropdown in the View Bar.  The lists get very long to navigate through.  They are already separate in the Navigation palettes and are actually very different items.  Classes weren't included in the same dropdown....

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, E|FA said:

I couldn't find a separate existing Wishlist topic for this, but figured it could go here:

Please separate the Sheet Layer dropdown from the Design Layer dropdown in the View Bar.  The lists get very long to navigate through.  They are already separate in the Navigation palettes and are actually very different items.  Classes weren't included in the same dropdown....

That dropdown displays and can be used to choose the current Active Layer. The Active Layer could be either a Design Layer or Sheet Layer. If there were two separate dropdowns, I'm not sure how this could logically still function.

For now the best you could do is set up two Filters: one that displays only Design Layers and the other that only displays Sheet Layers.

• Like 1

@Andy Broomell I hadn't thought about the fact that the pulldown displays the active Layer, and I retract my comment.  The reason for the suggestion was a different issue where the command arrow switching between layers is affected by the filter in the View Bar dropdown.  My suggestion of splitting the layer dropdowns wouldn't really resolve the quirky UI that I came across.  A proposed fix could be by changing that behavior directly (future Wishlist item):  

• Like 1