VW2024 View Bar Sort Order

TomKen

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, MogTheSmilingCat said:

Compact mode doesn't make much difference if you've a big 4k screen - each of the drop down boxes becomes irritatingly narrow. A facility to stretch to a chosen width would be good, or simply auto-sizing to fill screen width, since the remaining RH space is no use for nuttin'. Yeah I know, "simply"...    🐵

Hi, @MogTheSmilingCat could you post a screenshot of your setup? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, E|FA said:

I just checked.  You can resize the drop down Layer and Class menus.  I haven't tested to see if it remembers the setting after a restart.

They remember. The rule of thumb seems to be "any pulldown menu with a search bar".

Unfortunately, there's no way to resize the pulldown menu sections themselves, which automatically stretch to the maximum width of the View Bar.

• Like 1
On 9/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, TomKen said:

Is there a way to rearrange the sort order of the top view bar in VW2024.

I'm blind on my left side so I like to have the items I use the most on the right side of my screen.   

ribbon bar.png

In the meantime, this is a pretty terrible workaround that I hacked together but you may be able to fine tune it into something more useful. Basically, I tore off all of the palettes, and then "snapped" them together (technically still separate though). I also undocked the window, and resized the View Bar.

Not for nothing but I'm doing a less extreme version of this to restore fake my window layout from 2023 and earlier.

ScreenShot2023-09-15at14_01_36.thumb.png.22881f1f4011a43da7e97b8ed1d7c210.png

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 hours ago, MogTheSmilingCat said:

Here you go - the narrow drop-downs mean info isn't helpfully displayed, so my current layer for example appears to be FF Slab when it's FF Slab Addition instead. So I'd rather lose the extra screen space and run it in regular mode. But if it auto-stretched....

image.thumb.png.83306d76b4b62aa02e8d90e9736dddb4.png

Thank you! I will make sure it gets addressed.

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Can we also please add a request for an option to move the snap palette back to the bottom right corner?  I have been a VW user for too many years to mention, and a major interface change that reworks the order of tools is a bit of a shock.  How did we go from "class" then "layer" pulldowns to a reverse order change?

m

25 minutes ago, Matisse said:

Can we also please add a request for an option to move the snap palette back to the bottom right corner?  I have been a VW user for too many years to mention, and a major interface change that reworks the order of tools is a bit of a shock.  How did we go from "class" then "layer" pulldowns to a reverse order change?

m

If you unpin Snapping in the View Bar Settings it will go back to the bottom right corner! Everyone is happy!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I don' know.  Took me $8 hours to get 2024 to look more like 2023 menu bar as far as icons together.  Some one should let Vworks know we care more about efficient DRAWING tha lights on truss and how much tie line is needed.  I sure hope they don't waste time on how many sheets of luan for a flat.  If that happens I need to find a different drafting program geared toward DESIGNING.  

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2023 at 7:17 AM, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Thank you! I will make sure it gets addressed.

Stephennnnnnn! We're on Update 3 now and the "compact" view is still unusable on a 4K screen, which I'm guessing is the size many design professionals will be running VW at. Is there some sort of major, non-obvious problem with sorting this as per suggestions above?!?

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Update 4! Update FOUR! The Fourth Update and this issue still hasn't been fixed - the "compact" view still shows tiny shrunken drop-down menus on a 4K screen meaning it's effectively useless. Following a new annual version which proudly trumpeted UI improvements. C'mon people - what's happening with this? Is there some weird problem us simple users don't understand, or is it just not seen as important enough to address???

• Like 2