All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. klinzey

Dialog with n-number of items

I've done it before and you just need to keep track of things very carefully. Give all the controls that don't change ID's before the ID of your dynamically created controls. (VW doesn't like it when you skip control IDs.) In the case statement make sure you have events for all of the static controls. At the end of the case statement you will need an OTHERWISE Here is where it gets tricky... You have to do some math to figure out which item the user clicked. You need to be sure the ID is greater than the last static control and less than the last control you created. In the simplest case you will probably have a label (item=N) and then the hatch control (item=N+1) You can setup your data structure when you create the dialog so that the dialog item is an index into the structure if you want to keep it simple or with a little more work you can convert the dialog item into an index into a more compact structure. As you are building the controls for the dialog you need to handle the first control placed after your fixed controls separately and then from then on you iteratively add controls once the pattern is established with the first control. Done right it works great but it is a little difficult to debug.
  3. Jakomo

Get Projekt References in script

Many thanks to you, with this info I could finish my script.
  4. Wesley Burrows

Creating Suite Numbers

If I'm not mistaken this is exactly what the Data Tag is for. But it has to attach to an object, such as a "space" or whatnot to obtain the info the tag displays.
  5. RussU

Creating Suite Numbers

Although I'm not an expert, I reckon what you're after would suit Marrionette perfectly. @Marissa Farrell would be able to give you much more info than I could
  6. Markvl

Creating Suite Numbers

Hmmm...There is the Room Name Simple Tool in the Dims/Notes Tool Set
  7. Today
  8. DeSignature

Dialog with n-number of items

We usualy get by with about 6 relevant hatches, so it seems doable to me, especially if we would restrict the number of hatches in the dialog to about twelve items [1..12]. Wouldn't be bad for the drawing hygiene as well... What would be the easiest way to differentiate between the different hatches. I guess I would have to script something like the code mentioned above, but I noticed it is will not be as easy as that. Any basic suggestions about how to aproach this dialog? or how to approach a dialog with n-number of items?
  9. Markvl

Creating Suite Numbers

Wondering if there is a function or a symbol idea to making suite numbers or Suite Type letters. So for example I've got a large multi-residential building with say 40 suites on 4 floors with 4 different suite layouts. How would you go about labeling them? Not which unit is 101, not do I start to the left or to the right, but the label itself, something that acts like a symbol but is very easy to edit and populate throughout a floor/layer and something that is scalable. I've attached a pic to give everyone an idea of what I'm getting at. Right now the Unit type is a simple text object ("Type A, Type H, etc.") and the unit number is a red rectangle with rounded edges and a separate text object above it that says ("101, 201, etc.")
  10. Allen Brown

Override texture in viewport

I never checked Renderworks, thanks! I'll report it as a bug..
  11. Acip79

Error on PDF Export

Hi All, I have another issue on VWX2019. Basically my spaces area are showing finish floor level (ffl) and structure slab level (ssl) and it is controlled by using spaces. The problem is, it shown exactly like i wanted but once i export it to pdf my ffl & ssl will show the same figure. And my level indicator changed from triangle to square. Do refer the attached image.Any help on this matter? 😇😇😇 FFL - SSL exported to PDF.pdf
  12. Christiaan

RAL colour palette

Thanks Nicolas. That explains things.
  13. Nicolas Goutte

RAL colour palette

The German VW seems to have it: "RAL Design Demo". (The original American VW does not have it.)
  14. Christiaan

RAL colour palette

RAL is assuring me Vectorworks has integrated the RAL colour palette into Vectorworks (or at least offers it as an add-on), but I don't see it or recall RAL being added or offered.
  15. Thanks @Adam Robinson & @Peter Kovacs - Im in touch with technical support now to see if we can find out more. Seems like the file was corrupt since earlier in the day and it didn't show up until we closed the file and it would not open again with the "Unexpected end of file..." message . So we've lost most of the days work and our autosaves and version histories were also just backups of a corrupt file. Will post anything we find out in case it can be prevented or if others might encounter the same issue. Seems like its not very common thankfully.
  16. Adam Robinson

"Unexpected end of file..." message - All files corrupted

Hi @SPARK, @zoomer has mentioned that using the Mac's Time Machine has resolved their issue. If this doesn't work then please contact your local technical support.
  17. Christiaan

Project Sharing and Schedule of accommodation issue

No problem Colin, glad you managed to resolve it. I'm still getting my head around Space Tool nuances too.
  18. Inspectorjack

Wall insertion point control?

Thanks for the replies. I set my sheathing as the core component and was able to gain the "control" I needed.
  19. Christiaan

What mouse do you recommend?

Un oh. @Marissa Farrell , have you noticed the loss of momentum in macOS 10.15 beta when using MagicPrefs? Hopefully it's temporary but it might be end of the road for MagicPrefs.
  20. RussU

Grid

@markdd Of course! <hand slaps head> Thanks for the reminder!!!!
  21. colin smart

Thanks Christian. We did exactly that and it has worked. The problem stemmed from a set up of the space tool and area style which had a wrong setting, When this was corrected in one shared file, it meant that all current other shared files could not read the space tool results. Getting rid of these and dooing a save as of the corrected file has solved the problem. One other thing to note that if you edit the space tool set up, it wipes a lot of the data from the worksheet. Moral of this story is that make sure the style is set up correctly when you start project sharing. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
  22. Christiaan

Not sure Colin, but the sledge hammer approach would be to recreate the Project File: 1. Get the user who can see the worksheet to do a Refresh and verify that everybody's work is up to date in their Working File. 2. That user can then ''Save A Copy As... and create a new vwx file 3. Trash all working files and the existing project file and then create a new Project File from the vwx file
  23. markdd

Grid

Russ - turning off page boundry makes the grid spill over. Whether you see it or not depends on the grid spacing that has been set and (I think) the resolution of the monitor you're using. HA! Just tried on both my machines with the exact same drawing file and it seems to have nothing to do with the resolution of the monitor! On my drawing at least with the grid set to 10mm and 1000mm ; scale 1:48; the grid disappears below 12% zoom.
  24. David Bracher

Grid

cool will try
  25. RussU

Grid

Right, cool.... got it. The grid is restricted to your page boundary. zoom right in tight to the 0,0 point, and you'll find a very small page boundary with your grid within that. or click this button... I can't think of the way to allow the grid to spread beyond the boundary, so you have two options here. Make the page size huge, or tiled many many times..... or as mark says, reduce the layer scale so you're working within the page. Anyone else remember how to allow the grid to overspill beyond page boundaries?
  26. David Bracher

Grid

Hi there, Yes scale is the same, However the paste seems too be pasting in a gigantic way, Any suggestions
  27. markdd

Grid

Something to do with Layer scale? Make sure that the scale of the layer you are copying from is the same as the layer you are pasting to.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.