All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BUMP. Has this been taken care of yet? It would be pretty darn helpful for a lot of my work, especially coming from CAD which has this functionality.
  3. LMorga

Braceworks Frustration

I called Tyler Truss about a week ago, they sent me the information I requested thru email, promptly.
  4. klinzey

Vision Orientation issue

Which GLP X4? It looks like the GLP Impression X4 Bar but which one and which which fixture mode did you select?
  5. Today
  6. Wondering if anyone has a lead on any decent Vectorworks specific podcasts out there. So far I've only found the Novedge Podcast. I've got a long show with some headphone time coming up. Bonus points if it's Spotlight specific!
  7. JustinVH

Braceworks Frustration

I would recommend to contact them and voice your frustration. Sometimes the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" approach can help to show a manufacturer that they need to be more forthright with their data or risk losing customers to other manufacturers that are sharing weights and structural data.
  8. Rob Books

Braceworks Frustration

Most European manufacturers have been happy to work with us, it has been mainly the US manufacturers that are hesitant to give over data. I speculate that it has to do with the fact that in the US, Sue is a verb.
  9. sbarrett

Weather Analysis Tools

@jeff prince I periodically update these graphs and post them in the Marionette objects section of the Marionette forum. You can check there to see if there are newer versions than the ones you have. I updated the Wind Rose pretty recently.
  10. DylanRinker

Vectorworks wont renew

Hi Marnie, and I hope I can be of some help here! When requesting a student license, or requesting to update a license, it has to be approved over on our end (which typically happens pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if you didn't get any update yet). Would you be able to email us at tech@vectorworks.net so we can help out with your student license? Hope to hear from you again soon, and have a great day! ūüôā
  11. Marnie Slotover

Vectorworks wont renew

Hello, Im on a student version of Vectorworks and I'm struggling to renew my account. This is very stressful as I'm near a deadline and can't open the file! I have requested to renew but don't understand how long this will take or if im expected to download vectorworks again as this is the only option available? Any help would be great please!
  12. Christiaan

Project Sharing and Dropbox

It sounds like a bug. I've experience some problems with certain versions relating to absolute and relative paths. Which version of Vectorworks are you seeing this behaviour lgoodkind?
  13. Christiaan

Weird curved guardrail

That's generally the only way really for a stair like that. The handrail in the stair tool is not very smart. One thing that does help if possible‚ÄĒin the model and in the real world‚ÄĒis to offset the first step of the second flight.
  14. Hey guys I'm supposed to model a proposed terrain (not the existing one, the one we want to create around a new building). To do so, I unfortunately don't have height curves or any data of that kind. I have: A site model of the existing terrain made by a geometer the detailed height of the borders (since we can't change these they correspond to the original model) some 1:100 Plans with a few elevation levels, for example next to the building we want to create. That means, I have mainly a few points, no curves to set the height from. What would be the best approach to create that site model? I also don't have VW Landscape installed and can't change that. would that be a problem?
  15. Robert Janiak

Truss Inventory

How build my own custom truss inventory? When I add library file to user directory I can not see it in Truss Inventory list.
  16. mike m oz

Until Next Time

Jim, your presence on the techboard and audio voice overs in many of the feature and training videos will be missed. For many of us you have been the public face of Vectorworks for years and you leave big shoes to fill.
  17. line-weight

Interior elevations - how to do ceramic tiles

I'm actually going to draw up a tiled bathroom quite soon. I might do some experimentation with drawing the tiles in 3d and report back!
  18. Phileas

Joining 3 walls with different styles

@zoomer reading about your wished improvement point "non-view UnDo": If you mean that un-doing something shouldn't change back your view: you can set that in the VW preferences, in the "session" window (It's a drop-down menu).
  19. Yes, we need both elevations and 3D views, so annotation is not an option. Annotation layer would also require "cutting" out stuff in front of the tiles, I think. True. There are some circumstances though where the run of the tiles is important, eg. placement of taps, mirrors etc. It goes both ways actually, since the tiles are usually set so that the extra is divided into two at the opposite ends of the wall, this determines the run of the tiles and therefore the placement of taps and other equipment.
  20. Peter Neufeld

People/Band Symbols

They are spectacular Scott. Cheers, Peter
  21. After I lock something how can I not see it highlighted? When my mouse goes over it, it still kind of highlights it even though I locked it in place.
  22. It would be good if the rotate and scale options actually did work the way they seem they should tho. It's tedious creating H(horizontal) and V(vertical) versions for each texture... I keep feeling like there's some checkbox buried somewhere I can click to make it work...?
  23. Acip79

Two-Way Finish Schedule

Hi, Can i add a custom data in my space label because i need to include a simple room ventilation type ie: A/C, M/V, N/V ? I tried to use Additional Info in the additional data space settings but it is not editable. Is there any other way to do it or there is a correct way to do it? Thanks,
  24. theatre4jc

Braceworks Frustration

This is extremely frustrating right here. We are trying to make our industry safer and work easier and a major manufacturer is unwilling to work with others. Yeah I'm trying to find out the weight of a Tyler Truss 12x18x96" stick and that's frustrating.
  25. Jim Smith

Title block madness

Like you I carry a sketch book & a pen with me at all times, you never know when inspiration will strike or when one needs to communicate with a sketch. I need to work lots of ideas out on paper before committing to VW. This reminds me of an article I read years ago about Auto Pilot systems were designed backwards; ie the Pilots were often doing the boring repetitive stuff & the Nav system was doing the fun flying part that humans were good at.
  26. Yesterday
  27. These lines are appearing in my openGL renders at certain zoom distances from the drawing. I'll be zooming in and then all of a sudden they'll appear, then they'll go away. "well why don't you just zoom until the lines go away?" While that is a workaround, the lines appear while the camera is "sitting" in a seat in the back row of the theatre.
  28. In the interests of office awesomeness we're trying to keep our VW Workgroup on the VW Cloud (so everyone shares it). It seems that the folders with - in the name do not sync. These folder names are default from VW. This is a problem.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

√ó