All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It could be very useful to be able to open Vectorworks on an iPad. Will that be possible?
  3. Today
  4. The is the Window Style that you are editing: This is the hybrid symbol that I was referring to in my posts: The Window PIO is getting its geometry from the 'WINDOW_W1T' symbol rather than the PIO generating the geometry.
  5. Cloud Revit Export is scheduled for release with Vectorworks 2025.
  6. It looks like you're editing the Window Style rather than the hybrid symbol the Window uses via the 'Use symbol geometry' setting...
  7. Text Only Prompt: A cyberpunk cityscape with metallic structures, blending the styles of H. R Giger's biomechanical artistry and Jean Giraud’s space opera illustrations, all captured in the cinematic, high-contrast style reminiscent of John Blanche. The scene is bathed in deep reds and grays, evoking an atmosphere that reflects enigmatic beauty. This unique blend meets artwork in the style of Darko M chatzovian, showcasing futuristic architecture with dark tones and intricate details.
  8. @Tom W. thanks for the list. I was able to edit the 2D locus points. Unfortunately, "Edit 3D Component" is not listed when I right click. There seems to be a locus point off in space and attached to the object. Also, I don't see "Component Edit" palette your using. I'm in VW Architect 2024 Update 4.
  9. Paul This was not generated from the AI Visualizer...just from my 3d Model of this Pavilion style Residence I designed. All the items there are all 3d...no image props. Honestly, I have not messed with the Visualizer much as yet...on my list though. I hope 'Igor' was around to assist with the Frankenstein file!! 🙂
  10. Well, I sort of thought that, but I have seen some of your renderings in VW's and they are very good. Also, did not know if this was AI Visualizer. What do you think of the Ai Visualizer? I have been pressed back into the working world for a few weeks after being retired for twenty years. A Frankenstein of an ACAD file from the late 90's appeared after many years of being dormant. It was stressing out the villagers.😅 It was a mess of 280 MB's of individual polygons (millions) mixed in with over 100 Layers translated to classes. Once I got it to be a working file, I then had to modify it and add over 20,000 objects. Stressed my poor old brain right out. .
  11. 1. Check the Window settings to see what symbol it's using. 2. Find that symbol in the Resource Manager > right-click on it > 'Edit 3D Component'. 3. The 3D geometry wants to be centred on the insertion point in plan + the bottom of it wants to be at Z=0 (I have just realised that the geometry has a Z height of 2 foot something: this needs correcting). Remove redundant 2D Loci if present! 4. Switch to the Top Component: enable 'Show Other' > '3D' + make sure your 2D geometry aligns with the 3D geometry. Note: the 2D Loci dictate where the Wall is clipped in Top/Plan + would normally be assigned to 'Non Plot' class so can be turned off. 5. Switch to the 3D Wall Hole Component: make sure the 3D solid aligns with the geometry in the 3D Component. The 3D solid inside the Wall Hole Component dictates how the Wall is clipped in 3D. I think that's everything! Note: this is all using the 'Component Edit' palette for the symbol:
  12. Great! I received it from someone else. But, I updated the symbol geometry from a 2D/3D object that I created myself. How did you do the edits? I'm new to VW, so a step-by-step would be greatly appreciated.
  13. Hi Kevin What renderer did you use for this? Very nice.
  14. i did think about that but the steps you would have to take each time don't really make it viable.
  15. I know it doesn't neccessarily address your request for a new feature, which I hope will be a reality very soon, but have you tried using Data Visualization to select a named object and then remove pen and fill attributes for the object? It's effective on all the plug-ins I have tried and, no doubt, many other types of objects as well.
  16. Hi Greg the Window is using a custom symbol ('WINDOW_W1T') which needed a little bit of editing. See attached. I aligned the 2D + 3D geometry + the Wall Hole Component centrally on the insertion point + removed a couple of 2D Loci in the 3D Component. Did you create this symbol or receive it from someone else? You might want to edit it further so it has the right depth for the wall. Wall_Window_test_TW.vwx
  17. Hi @Tom W. Thanks for replying. See attached file. Wall_Window_test.vwx
  18. So, the original request stands... We need to be able to hide objects, in the model, or viewport, using the visibility tool, like most of the other BIM and IFC apps can. Great if it is on the roadmap, but the simpliest thing would be to add it as an option to the Visibility tool, i.e. another mode within that tool. We often isolate objects too using the hide/show options in solibri, etc. This would be useful and should be added as an option to the double click preferences, i.e. double click hides all except for selected object.
  19. Kinda quiet in this Forum as of late....thought I would irritate you all by stirring the pot s bit and keeping things lively 🙂 See if you can spot the cute little 3d koi fishes peeking up from the koi pond.
  20. No, it doesn't. In fact when you hide an object on the design layer that is in a Section Viewport, the viewport also appears to be hidden. And if you hide an object and then create a section viewport, the object shows in the viewport. 😞
  21. Hi @Gran Mathias, Can you give me some steps to reproduce the issue? Or a file which I can reproduce it with. Which build of Vectorworks are you using? Regards, Nick
  22. Ah, but does it work to hide an object inside a section viewport?
  23. The function separator in worksheet functions is dependent on the system language. The best description I have come up with is that for languages that use the comma as the decimal point (versus the period used in the USA), the semicolon is used as the separator. Otherwise it is the comma. But I know that the German version uses semicolon instead of comma. You will just have to change on samples you read here.
  24. Ahhh gotcha, you're having it do it automatically with the 'Create Equipment' command or 'Get 3D Symbols for Equipment'. I have my file with my 3D symbols in the Entertainment Folder, I was just trying to see them within the Equipment Item OIP after checking the 'Use Symbol' box and then selecting the symbol. If you look at the screenshot you'll see that it doesn't give me my file as an option to select 3D symbols from. Do your 3D symbols show up here as well? Or have you only been able to get it with doing it like you stated above?
  1. Load more activity