Matster

Streamdeck integration.

Question

10 hours ago, michaelk said:

But to return to the topic of this thread:  Streamdeck is awesome!

it is! If only we had full VWX integration with the streamdeck. There are only so many keyboards shortcuts that one can use in vw. 

can anyone helps me? how can i install the vwx profile to my stream deck? i cannot open the file ☹️

thanks for your help

4 hours ago, Thomas_ES said:

can anyone helps me? how can i install the vwx profile to my stream deck? i cannot open the file ☹️

thanks for your help

You need to install the streamdeck application on your computer. There you can add the profile to your streamdeck 

image.thumb.png.c041c0ae7c1e4b100462a508a42d555f.png

Thanks for your answers. i have the stream deck app already. if i click on "+" stream deck creates "profile 3". what's next? 

On 4/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, PVA - Jim said:

If you're on a Mac, you should be able to get at them directly, the "2x" ones are the ones for high res displays:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Vectorworks 2019⁩ ▸ (Show Package Contents on 2019 app)⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ ⁨Vectorworks.vwr⁩ ▸ ⁨Images⁩

However I've attached a zip of that folder in case any Windows users need them, as I think its harder to get at them from that OS. The naming and folder structure wasn't meant to be user friendly, but searching for a tool name within this zip should find what you need.

Images.zip

A couple of Stream Deck questions for you power users:  

1- When Jim mentioned where to find suitable graphic icons, he mentioned the "(Show Package Contents on 2019 app)" I am not sure I know how to do that.  

2- Any wisdom on how to fire scripts with the Stream Deck.  

Thus far I am finding it to be a game changer.  I am using it for features that either don't have a hot key assigned, or for functions like duplicate array and Label legend manager that require 4 keys to access.  

It's a little bit round-about but probably the simplest way to fire scripts - if you add your script as a Custom Plugin, you can then add it to a menu and give it a keyboard shortcut...which you can fire from Streamdeck.

6 hours ago, scottmoore said:

A couple of Stream Deck questions for you power users:  

1- When Jim mentioned where to find suitable graphic icons, he mentioned the "(Show Package Contents on 2019 app)" I am not sure I know how to do that.  

2- Any wisdom on how to fire scripts with the Stream Deck.  

Thus far I am finding it to be a game changer.  I am using it for features that either don't have a hot key assigned, or for functions like duplicate array and Label legend manager that require 4 keys to access.  

1 that is in Mac computers. You can right click on the vectorworks application and then click show package content en browse to the image file. There is a .wvr file inside the application that you can also show package contents. 

also throughout the installation in the plugins folder for instance there are a couple more .wvr files you can explore also. 

but someone in e vectorworks & spotlight user group on Facebook recently shared a Dropbox link that has the 2020 icons. That might be even easier. 

I am loving the StreamDeck!  I’ve found it to be extremely useful to speed up a lot of common processes. My thought has been to stick with keyboard shortcuts and instead use the SD for items that have really complicated keystroke sets or that require two hands. I am also using it for items I use a lot that would have required mousing up into the menus. It’s a work in process. 

3ACA2E5A-9821-4E5D-B7B3-946117F22C88.jpeg

2CE47762-DE4E-4862-974D-65010F5496EB.jpeg

Posted (edited)

This wishlist request has one of the highest upvotes around. 

@JuanP is a real vwx plugin on the scope for the streamdeck? We would love to be able to use it in a similar way to the 3D Connexion products. Or maybe even better if it worked dynamically like the Mac pro’s Touch Bar This gizmo is widely used by AV professionals around the world. 

Streamdeck has provided An SDK that can be used to write the plugins. 

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028243711-Elgato-Stream-Deck-SDK-Use-Software-Version-4-0-and-Above

Would love to hear the Vectorworks view about this. 

Edited by Sebastiaan

Hi All,

I've just gotten into setting up my Stream Deck for VW and so far it's fantastic!

However, I can't find all of the tool images in the location Jim outlined before. For instance I can't find images for tape measure, trim tool, etc. I even tried searching in the root of the image files and they don't turn up. Any suggestions about where to get these image files?

11 hours ago, Slove3 said:

Hi All,

I've just gotten into setting up my Stream Deck for VW and so far it's fantastic!

However, I can't find all of the tool images in the location Jim outlined before. For instance I can't find images for tape measure, trim tool, etc. I even tried searching in the root of the image files and they don't turn up. Any suggestions about where to get these image files?

When I made my profile I remember there where a couple odd ones that I could not find either. I made those with a screenshot from the icon in the application. These odd icons must be hidden somewhere else in the program