Jump to content
  • 56

Streamdeck integration.


Matster

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 12/4/2023 at 11:54 PM, Ben3B said:

Hello I'm on windows, VWX 24, I'm looking for the tea pot SVG 

I can't find them, any idea ?

Thanks!!!

There are a ton of usable images of the Utah Teapot online. Does it have to be SVG on the Windows platform?  I’ve used JPG and PNG almost exclusively on mine. (Mac OS)

Edited by scottmoore
Link to comment
  • 0
7 hours ago, scottmoore said:

There are a ton of usable images of the Utah Teapot online. Does it have to be SVG on the Windows platform?  I’ve used JPG and PNG almost exclusively on mine. (Mac OS)

Yes waiting to get the "real" one, i use a tea cup I ve found on the net ...
But I m a little bit "straight" and would use the same icone as in VWX ;)

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 9/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, Mark Aceto said:

 

I'm way more interested in 2023 and earlier 😅

 

However, I can finally share this (really wish I had better / smaller icons for Projection and Shaded / Wireframe toggles):

 

ScreenShot2023-09-13at18_25_26.png.8aba1b2206a6639cbd9357ca94942a97.png

 

 

@Mark AcetoIf you take the image into the Key Creator Web Dialog, I believe you can scale up/down the individual image on a layer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 12/21/2023 at 2:12 PM, The Hamma said:

FYI I was able to create a Stream Deck command to run any command of your choice from the Stream Deck.  

 

I did this by creating a five step multi action using the "F" (Quick Search window) function in Vectorworks. 

1. Press the "F" Key

2. Delay 100 Milliseconds

3. Type the name of the command (This example is "scale bar")

4. Delay 250 Milliseconds

5. Press the "Return" key. 

 

 

On 12/21/2023 at 2:12 PM, The Hamma said:

image.png.e867292541084e2087b7211f51a27e21.png

Very clever! 

 

 

 

Anybody with some fresh stream deck profiles willing to share?

Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, Wood said:

 

 

Very clever! 

 

 

 

Anybody with some fresh stream deck profiles willing to share?

I am working on building a complete profile for my highly customized Architect workspace. The problem is that my space uses many custom keyboard and stream deck doesn’t make it easy to change a command from a hot key command to a multi action.  It would be better if there was a way to invoke a command in a quicker way than using the  "F" (Quick Search window) function then I would program every function using said quicker way.  

Link to comment
  • 0
On 12/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, The Hamma said:

FYI I was able to create a Stream Deck command to run any command of your choice from the Stream Deck.  

 

I did this by creating a five step multi action using the "F" (Quick Search window) function in Vectorworks. 

1. Press the "F" Key

2. Delay 100 Milliseconds

3. Type the name of the command (This example is "scale bar")

4. Delay 250 Milliseconds

5. Press the "Return" key. 

 

image.png.e867292541084e2087b7211f51a27e21.png

Sweet

Link to comment
  • 0
On 12/21/2023 at 2:12 PM, The Hamma said:

FYI I was able to create a Stream Deck command to run any command of your choice from the Stream Deck.  

 

I did this by creating a five step multi action using the "F" (Quick Search window) function in Vectorworks. 

1. Press the "F" Key

2. Delay 100 Milliseconds

3. Type the name of the command (This example is "scale bar")

4. Delay 250 Milliseconds

5. Press the "Return" key. 

 

image.png.e867292541084e2087b7211f51a27e21.png


Reading between the lines, it seems like this accomplishes 2 power moves:

  1. Bypasses the need to create / replace a unique keyboard shortcut in VW or OS for each command
  2. Platform-agnostic across Windows / Mac (see #1 above) so the same SD / profile can be used with multiple computers / workspaces

 

Am I missing anything?

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

Platform-agnostic across Windows / Mac

Yes I think this should be Platform- agnostic but it is slower than the method that I just posted that uses the two plugin scripts which should also be Platform-Agnostic but I have not tested it on a Mac.

 

 

16 hours ago, The Hamma said:

Here is my Stream Deck Profile for the Standard Architect Workspace.  I requires that you add the two attached plugins to your workspace and set their shortcuts as shown

 

This version uses the names of the Commands, Tools or tool indexes rather than shortcuts except for the shortcuts for:

16 hours ago, The Hamma said:

image.png.7b7ed565e28a0dea0bb942a9aff30c8f.png

Which it uses to call the plugins and awaits the name of the tool which is sent from Stream Deck

 

Menu command call (note if there is not a chunk number you must add 00 to the end of every command, if there is a chunk number enter 01 for 1 and 10 for 10)

image.png.3afd990989d8b092696005a781e56ccc.png

Tool Name Call

image.png.e930631a3ef90ed6f3ed4e60aa7ce9bf.png

Tool Index call

image.png.d743f0a4be13c017824ebc2e9e80acdc.png

Edited by The Hamma
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • 0
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@scottmoore I actually used yours as a starting point for mine, and created a few more commands and I made the keys in Affinity. It is a fun process once you get the hang of it. 

Some keys I made by changing the command shortcut in my Workspace, but for a majority of them, I used the power search workflow. I tweaked some of the timings to where they all still work very well. 

 

Once you get a pattern going, it is easy to set up. My setup has 3 "pages". A main functions and two sub folders, one for Spotlight and one for ConnectCAD.

 

Try it out everyone, and let me know what you think.

 

My next project is setting up my iPad as a 64 key Stream Deck for an MA3 PC.

 

VWX2024(MCA).streamDeckProfile.zip

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0
15 hours ago, martigues said:

@scottmoore I actually used yours as a starting point for mine, and created a few more commands and I made the keys in Affinity. It is a fun process once you get the hang of it. 

Some keys I made by changing the command shortcut in my Workspace, but for a majority of them, I used the power search workflow. I tweaked some of the timings to where they all still work very well. 

 

Once you get a pattern going, it is easy to set up. My setup has 3 "pages". A main functions and two sub folders, one for Spotlight and one for ConnectCAD.

 

Try it out everyone, and let me know what you think.

 

My next project is setting up my iPad as a 64 key Stream Deck for an MA3 PC.

 

VWX2024(MCA).streamDeckProfile.zip 1.08 MB · 2 downloads

I installed this profile on my Window machine and none of the commands work but all of the instructions are correct.  It appears the hotkey functions are not interchangable between Windows and Mac.  If I replace the "F" hot key with a "F" it processes half of the command.  I have to replace the "Return" hot key with a "Return" and it processes the entire command.  Not sure why they are different. 

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
23 minutes ago, The Hamma said:

I installed this profile on my Window machine and none of the commands work but all of the instructions are correct.  It appears the hotkey functions are not interchangable between Windows and Mac.  If I replace the "F" hot key with a "F" it processes half of the command.  I have to replace the "Return" hot key with a "Return" and it processes the entire command.  Not sure why they are different. 

Odd....

 

Ya, I would guess the SD would not interpret the difference between the Windows and Command(Mac) key, but that is easy enough to change for a user in their Workspace. 

 

That hiccup with that Multi Action is weird.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...