Grethe Connerth

Organisation Design Layers Saved Views Sheet Layers & Viewports

Question

It would be SO very useful and supportive if it were possible to organise Design Layers, Saved Views, Sheet Layers & Viewports to into sub-folders, showing up kind of 'grouped' in the Navigation Palette.

--> Same as you can do with Classes, by simply adding a dash ' - ' in between the words.

I have many highly complex VW files, and they are filled with a huge number of Design Layers, Saved Views, Sheet Layers & Viewports.

Any input is much appreciated.

8 answers to this question

haha, funny, I am just watching the video, and am only half way through it 😜

It looks rather too complex in comparison to a simple request of mine.

Did you get to the part where Jim talks about tags?  Granted it’s not the same as the folders you suggest, but personally I think it would be extremely useful functionality.  For me, preferable to folders or groups - tags for something like this are much more versatile. 

Yes I saw that.

I believe it's just an overkill to when I want something 'simple'.

Also having to assign tags will take it to a level of complexity I don't necessarily want, when I want to quickly create straightforward drawing files.

I am happy to have both options, keeping it simple with a dash creating sub-folders, and tags when I am diving into the deeper end of my works.

Already on the wishlist here - 

We definitely need folders, the ability to colour code layer names and the ability to add visual dividers to the layer list. Simple options as you say.

Kevin

My clumsy work around is to use empty sheet & design layers as visual dividers in my layer's list.

image.thumb.png.cda6fab023507e1e4a496a1dc8a9966e.pngimage.thumb.png.4769e0ae0be9800ecc9d119df31a11b2.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Boh said:

My clumsy work around is to use empty sheet & design layers as visual dividers in my layer's list.

image.thumb.png.cda6fab023507e1e4a496a1dc8a9966e.pngimage.thumb.png.4769e0ae0be9800ecc9d119df31a11b2.png

^ I do this too.

KM

11 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Already on the wishlist here - 

aah, embarrassing, I voted on that post myself and forgot I did ... 😱

Hi @Boh hi @Kevin ,

same here, I do this with

Design Layers " ^^^ Name of type of work in Design Layers above ^^^ -------- "

and Sheet Layers " --- ^^^ EMPTY ^^^ "

haven't done it in Saved Views or the Viewport names yet ...

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 11.21.49 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 11.22.25 am.png

• Like 2