Vectorworks will not quit when computer is restarted.

Same issue here on occasion...I've been lucky for the most part in avoiding most of the issues described in this forum. I'm on the service select plan and I'm thinking that when the next release occurs I will wait until sp2 or greater before I start to work with it. Overall I'm very happy with my experience using VW since the VW 10 days...It just seems odd that a new release can take several months to get sorted out.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I had not been able to replicate this until I started working with a new Windows 8.1 machine, where Vectorworks does not close naturally. However on other 8.1 machines here it closes without issue.

Before that in Vectorworks 12.5.3 through Vectorworks 2014 SP2 I did not see the problem on Windows XP, windows 7, or OS X 10.6 - 10.9.

We are still trying to figure out where the problem might be, since it doesn't seem to be OS or hardware dependent. If anyone encounters this problem, please send tech@vectorworks.net one of these from the affected machine along with a description of what version of Vectorworks you are using and how frequently it is happening:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

Edited by JimW

I've had this issue consistently for a few versions. Always on a Macbook Pro (two different vintages, various OS X versions). It usually appears after installing a SP. I have likely filed thousands of "bug" reports with the Apple crash logger when I force VW to quit or it quits unexpectedly while shutting down.

Jim, I will send the crash log and my system profile the next time it happens.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Jim, I will send the crash log and my system profile the next time it happens.

Thank you!

I'm pretty confident (after a bunch of troubleshooting here today) that there are a number of different issues on different OSes causing similar symptoms, especially after reading the posts here of how long its been going on.