shaded renders not looking the same in viewports

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@grant_PD This looks like a bug if all the values for background, lighting, shaded options are the same between the design layer and viewport.  Can you DM me the file so we can investigate it?  I see some of the environment reflections on the walls in the VP. Object reflections are not showing on the floor in the VP.

Grant

I was messing with your 2024 file and noted a few things...

1) I did a down and dirty viewport of just the flooring on its own layer and it definitely shows the reflections in shaded view of the texture you used. Just a screenshot so low res.

Screenshot2024-03-12at9_56_53AM.png.dd84a19b92a81fd129c1739da060645b.png

2) Interestingly....I exported your 2024 file back to 2023 and your shaded viewport that wasn't showing reflections on the floor, etc,  lo and behold, it DID render as advertised. So...there does seem to be some voodoo in your 2024 file.

So....not sure what to think other than it may be a bug in 2024 or ??  You have a lot going on pertaining to classes and layers you may want to revisit regarding some of the glow reflectivity settings and emissive settings. That said, I really doubt that could be causing the shaded viewport issues.

Here is a screenshot of the shaded viewport from 2023...clearly you see the reflections, etc.

Screenshot2024-03-12at10_15_00AM.thumb.png.bda03b2b2914da14f0b32fadfc0050ac.png

• Like 1