Mode group #4

setdesigner

Question

10 answers to this question

It is unavailable as a shortcut. But I can enter a valur if I click the number with the mouse. If I press shortcut key for mode #3, I get the dialog box where I can enter the distance. But I used to be able to enter the distance directly with mode #4. Just wondering if it is a 2024 issue, or I should repair my installation...

Thanks

On my Mac, "U" toggles the first two buttons (mode group 1), "I" toggles the second pair of buttons (mode Group 2) "V" activates the Options button (mode group 3) and opens the dialog and "P" allows me to enter a value into the distance field (Mode 4) when distance mode is active in Mode group 1. 

That is how I expect it to work and I am having no problems with my installation. There may be a problem with Windows, which I can see from your signature you are using.

If you are having a problem with the P key for mode group 4, check in the Workspace Editor that P is assigned to the 4th mode of Tool Mode Groups.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1

If the mode group keys are not working, it is likely that something else on your system is grabbing the keystroke.

I believe we have seen graphics are (gamer) enhancement and mouse enhancement software do things like this.

If you are running anything like that, try turning it off and see if that fixes the problem.

I too just discovered the "Mode Groups" Keys don't activate user input cells when a tool has mode options.  I use move by point often, and in '22 & '23, I would hit "P" - the 4th position key to quickly change how many duplicates to create.  In 2024, it seems the Mode Group Keys toggle the options, but not the user interfacing cells that line up with the Group Keys.

image.png.789e037ea8a2d4cab20e017e8f2c3c73.png

image.png.d27562a4d79cdbffcaebbcd8a4e235f0.png

That's not what I'm seeing in 2024.  When the Move By Points tool is active and the first mode is either Move and Duplicate Mode or Distribute Mode, then hitting the P key will highlight the current entry in the Number of Duplicates field so that typing any number will replace the current entry.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

It sounds like it could possibly be due to a migrated workspace. Got to Tools>Workspaces>Workspaces and load a fresh one in. If you haven't changed the name there is a 'Revert' button that will swap out the old one with a fresh 2024 one. However you might want to duplicate it first so you don't lose it entirely (if it was not renamed).

Cheers,

Peter