Oops – you forgot the 'Look at working plane' button in the view bar in VW 2024.

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

When I reached for it, I got the 'align working plane to view' which look deceptively similar.

I never use that, because I work almost exclusively in the 'legacy' screen plane mode.

But I do use the 'Look at working plane' button quite often.

Please put it back as soon as possible.

(I put quotation marks around 'legacy' because it remains the only dependable mode for freeform drawing, so please do not remove stuff that enables this mode)

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard
  • Like 2

10 answers to this question

I don't know what the exact rationale is for the menu option. However, there is always the menu command to which you can add a short cut as well as a Right-Click Working Plane menu option if that is how you like to roll.

Personally, I find going to the View Bar a bit of a chore and use a keyboard shortcut to activate the command instead.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, markdd said:

I don't know what the exact rationale is for the menu option. However, there is always the menu command to which you can add a short cut as well as a Right-Click Working Plane menu option if that is how you like to roll.

Personally, I find going to the View Bar a bit of a chore and use a keyboard shortcut to activate the command instead.

All good points. But still be nice to have the option of customising the View Bar + filling up some of the empty space with a button for this (plus a button for Show Organisation Palette). 

• Like 2

I agree - the single button was very direct.

An added functionality of Shift-Cmd-1 Click to both set & Look @ WP in one single step would be über helpful too.

Or even a preference for the tool - so you could choose the default behaviour.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 2