snap to angle constraint

Donald Wardlaw

Question

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Donald Wardlaw said:

Something has changed, probably something I unintentionally touched.  The snap to angle in the snapping panel is selected.  But it will not let me snap to any angle other than 0 or 90.  No system changes.  VW 2021 on Mojave.  Thanks. Donald  (re-launching VW had no effect).

Also, check in the Angle Snap Settings that 'Angles from axes' is enabled:

Screenshot2023-08-16at06_37_03.png.44a930ff8ee2f5cdd6e4414b78563a4a.png

You can have Snap to Angle enabled in the snap settings (Screenshot2023-08-16at06_36_41.png.1c57b09178f8b78baee4cf216327ff41.png) but unless 'Angles from axes' is also enabled you will only snap to 0° + 90°

On 8/16/2023 at 1:15 AM, markdd said:

What tool are you using? If it is the line tool, then you may have it in in the constrained mode. I did this a while back and it took me ages to work out what had gone wrong.

Thank you @markdd.  I was having snapping problems, and couldn't for the life in me figure out what the heck I had hit to make my lines only snap to 30 and 45 degree angles.  

Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 10.56.34 AM.png

19 hours ago, Jonathan Pickup said:

like Tom W, i have added the 15º to my snaps. To do this add ;15

There are times when I love having the 15 added and times that I absolutely hate it.  When my drawings get a little too crowded and there are many things competing for those snaps it gets to be too much.  But most of the time i am glad I have it.