Screen Artifacts/Tearing in Wireframe

S. Schmidt

Question

I honestly have no idea what to call this or what might be causing it. Restarting gets rid of it briefly but it will resurface looking different. This is happening in wireframe and makes it really tough to do anything. It will disappear when I start to zoom then reappear.  Sometimes it's intermittent. The model is 3D. 

Any suggestions as to where to start would be helpful. 

Screenshot 2023-06-22 140231.png

9 answers to this question

No I have a Windows work station. It's fairly tricked out.  My personal machine was an older imac (2015) and I have seen the behavior on that one as well. It seemed to only happen when I had models with meshes or other complicated geometry, but nothing that should be taxing the machine in wireframe. Other than that I just can't isolate what's causing it.  I'm not even sure what to call it so that I can search the forums effectively. 

Here’s two older threads where this bug is discussed; There’s no way anyone would be able to find them by searching the forums because it defies description, as you can tell by the titles of these threads.

Good luck — as there’s not a fix for it yet. Just restarting Vw usually fixes it, however temporarily. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

This started happening to me today as well for the first time in a couple months…

Bummer & I mean that most sincerely. It can get hair-tearingly maddening.

Edited by mjm

I have not been using Vw2024 on a regular basis yet, so I cannot say if this specific ‘shard’ bug is there or not.

It has been awhile since I remember seeing it in Vw2023, but whenever I experienced it, I just quit Vw, restarted Vw and it would stay away for awhile.

• Like 1