cberg

VW Entourage People - Need Diversity

Question

8 answers to this question

I would suspect that this is just the begining, but it's small.   I too would like to see way more.  The sky is the limit.

A terrain-aware Crowd object that doesn't use the same symbol twice would be handy as well. 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, cberg said:

While these are great, it would be helpful if there was additional diversity in the entourage people, especially in terms of age and ethnicity.  We do a lot of work in urban areas, and we would love to include children, older people and people of color in our architectural models. 

Not just for urban areas, but also for those working internationally it would be nice to have a broader range of ages, ethnicity etc. to match local populations a bit better.

Of course there are commercial props available but that can bring issues of its own if they're not optimised for VW or have very high poly/vertext counts as that could slow down VW too much if you have quite a few people in your model so I'd rather have VW have a decent set of optimised people props (from a modeling perspective that is).

Those who want/need more could then still go for the commercial options.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Rob Books said:

there are more coming.

As what Rob has commented, we will be releasing more.

• Like 1

Is there any update about the release of more entourage people? Or can you maybe already give us a preview on what might be included in the future?

Looking specifically for an urban setting with diverse people, maybe something similar to this: http://www.epictor.com/content/productdetail/african-entourage-people/BundleID:28

I've seen other users asking for those, and of course I would prefer just using the ones in VW. But if there is no release planned soon, then I might just end up buying these...

Currently we have African American on our Vectorworks Service Select . We are going to add more diversity for future releases.