Jump to content
Donald Wardlaw

Mojave when?

Recommended Posts

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but for me the route to vw2019 involves upgrading from El Cap to Mojave and from vw2017.  VW is the only app I have that is reported to behave badly with Mojave.  When will Vectorworks give their blessing?

Share this post


Link to post

While I've not yet seen any explicit 'green light' on the official discussion dedicated to this topic, the Vectorworks 2019 System Requirements now lists Mojave. One could consider that a 'blessing'… 

 

If I needed up upgrade to Mojave, I would first ensure I had a computer TimeMachine backup to restore from should any remaining issues affect my use of Vectorworks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Light will not be getting any greener. All the issues we could patch have been fixed, but the issues users are having with Mojave and Macs with Nvidia GPUs (Apple hasn't released drivers for them that work well) and the issues theyre having with printers being made compatible with the OS remain, so we didn't want to cheerfully push users to update unless they NEED to for some reason. My production mac here is remaining on 10.13 for the time being.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Jim. Are those problems limited to Nividia GPU or is also newer mac with Radeon Pro GPU and the basic built in Intel HD Graphics affected? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Martin Forsby said:

Hi Jim. Are those problems limited to Nividia GPU or is also newer mac with Radeon Pro GPU and the basic built in Intel HD Graphics affected? 

The nivida problems will not affect a combo AMD/Intel gpu setup, no. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2018 at 8:48 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Light will not be getting any greener. All the issues we could patch have been fixed, but the issues users are having with Mojave and Macs with Nvidia GPUs (Apple hasn't released drivers for them that work well) and the issues theyre having with printers being made compatible with the OS remain, so we didn't want to cheerfully push users to update unless they NEED to for some reason. My production mac here is remaining on 10.13 for the time being.

 

I'm on an AMD and have problems with 2019 and it hanging -  can't use framing member or extrude along path etc, along with drawing labels, roofs acting weird - so I find the statement: 'all the issues we could patch have been fixed'  nonsense.  The troubleshooting boards would seem to indicate that you haven't fixed all the issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, fabrica said:

so I find the statement: 'all the issues we could patch have been fixed'  nonsense.  The troubleshooting boards would seem to indicate that you haven't fixed all the issues. 

We have fixed all issues that we could patch and have control over. The rest of the bugs are on apples end.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't use a custom profile in the framing member without 2019 crashing because of an apple bug? really?!

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, fabrica said:

I can't use a custom profile in the framing member without 2019 crashing


That issue is a bug that has been confirmed and filed? I do not see a bug related to this filed in (year)2018, I see that custom profiles were not working in 2019 SP0 and that there was a fixed pushed in SP1, but it was unrelated to Mojave. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, fabrica said:

not working in 2019 SP2

 

Custom profiles with the Framing Member tool work fine for me using SP2. (See below). Your array of symptoms make it sound like you have an installation-specific or file-specific issue causing these results. 

 

Did you migrate your Workspace from a previous Vectorworks? Maybe it got corrupted in the process. To verify; Quit Vectorworks > Move your Vectorworks User Folder elsewhere > launch Vectorworks and test again. 

 

If the issue doesn't occur in a File > New... > 'new blank document' using a newly generated profile, then it's your file. If it does, it's something particular to your installation, possibly your Workspace. Or maybe the Resetting Vectorworks Preferences process is needed. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.00.27.png

Share this post


Link to post

I have a newer iMac with a AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB and still have issues with bugs in Mojave on VW 2018 SP6 and 2019 SP2. 

Every day there is a different complete bomb out or a spinning beachball that takes 5-10mins to clear. 

This is the thread you may want to read. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×