Taproot

2019 Undo Bug - VB-154417

Question

We're seeing the following behavior:

If we do an action - say move a wall.

Then, with a different object selected we hit "Undo" - the software breaks down.

Here's an example where I moved a wall and then selected a car and then thought to undo moving the wall.

It moves the wall back on-screen, but creates a ghost object where the wall actually is.  From here on things get messy.  You need to cut and paste the wall to reset it to work properly.

It may just be walls that are affected by this bug, but it has resulted in corrupted files for us where we've had to go back to an earlier saved version.

We've duplicated this on both of our workstations.

This one is nasty enough, that we're likely going to resume using v.2018 until SP-1 comes out.

717567419_ScreenShot2018-09-20at10_30_10AM.thumb.png.7f6baa687d9955ce7e038a8a9d9722fe.png

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

@Taproot I have been unable to duplicate this behavior, though there are many possible settings, etc. that you used of which I am unaware. Could you post the file?

I started using 2019 2 days ago and there are many odd things happening with editing, copying and pasting walls. I have experienced the undo issue - where a wall will unexpectedly go to an odd angle and when I try to undo, undo stops working completely. Very disappointing. I already cleared 2018 off my computer and now fear I'll need to re-install it just to get my work done. Here's the file in progress:

4044 MADISON 9.27.18.vwx

• Like 1