Thomas Wagensommerer

VW 2018 - Object Info Palette shows "No Selection" even when objects are selected.

Question

8 answers to this question

Thomas,

I believe this is a known issue in SP1 and perhaps SP2 (which is the current version). If you are able to reproduce it reliably I would bug submit the steps and a file. I think VW engineering was having a hard time duplicating the bug. See here -

Kevin

As far as I can tell it has something to do with the new document windows and floating view panes. Sometimes these don't behave as regular system windows should do. After that, neither the object info palette nor the undo system will work reliable any more.

In VW2018 SP2, OS 10.12.6  -undo is not working correctly sometimes I lose all to last save and consistently OIP is not updating and shows nothing when some object are selected. 

Posted (edited)

Hey I am facing the same issue. 

(VW 2016, SP6)

My current workaround is to move to Plan view (cmd+5) and then orbit into a perspective to force it to show up on the Obj Info.

I've found this happens pre-dominantly when i am working on a 3d View with multiple furniture objects and light objects. 

@Thomas What is your workaround ? 

Thanks for this thread i was pulling my hair out looking for an explanation.

Edited by Hozie

Posted (edited)

Control-click on the object brings up the conjectural menu, click on Properties... refreshes the OIP.

Maybe in VW 2018 SP4?

Edited by bclark

3 hours ago, bclark said:

Control-click on the object brings up the conjectural menu, click on Properties... refreshes the OIP.

Can we please start a petition to replace the contextual menu with a conjectural menu? I'm onboard! :D